FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    For office shirts I would advise to try different colours rather than trying different styles. Although the pictured shirt is not to my taste it would probably be OK as something you could wear on a night out or to a meal - not really office wear for me. I wear lots of different colours to the office but always wear a solid colour and without embellishments. Saying that, it is all down to your individual preference and if you like the shirt and it is seen as acceptable in your office then go for it.

Style Icon
    The shirt would go perfect with bootcut jeans and some nice tan, square toe shoes.

Trend Setter
    Think of this like you would (hopefully) think of any other item of clothing - superfluous details, such as the black piping, are a no go. They add nothing and in fact detract from the shirt itself. You can stand out and look stylish with a nice combo of well-fitting basics, arranged into a cool outfit.

If you're looking for shirts for a weekend job (call centre?) then go for ASOS, Topman, Uniqlo etc. For jobs in a corporate office, I look no further than TM Lewin.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    Think of this like you would (hopefully) think of any other item of clothing - superfluous details, such as the black piping, are a no go. They add nothing and in fact detract from the shirt itself. You can stand out and look stylish with a nice combo of well-fitting basics, arranged into a cool outfit.

If you're looking for shirts for a weekend job (call centre?) then go for ASOS, Topman, Uniqlo etc. For jobs in a corporate office, I look no further than TM Lewin.
    Thanks for the advice. I am learning very quickly since joining this forum.

The main point I have learnt is that proper fit is king. The only problem with this, is that been a 6'2 athletic build with a skinny waist but large legs and broad shoulders, it almost makes it impossible buying clothes online.

+ Reply to Thread