FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Trend Setter
    From my perspective, it looks like you're heading in the right direction.

The designs above are cool, and broadly in line with what I've seen from other urban brands. Nothing wrong with baby blue in my opinion, and it is absolutely in line with hip hop fashion, which is following the sneaker trend and pushing more clothing into loud, bold colours, as well as having traditional neutral lines..

I know you have invited critiscm, but there's been enough of that here already. Sounds like you're focussed on quality first, and that's the main thing.

I certainly think there is PLENTY of room for new brands, and we're seeing new brands all the time. OVO (from Drake) is finally making its way to the UK, and the likes of Trukfit is gradually getting into more UK stores. I like Undefeated, and the new adidas 'NEO' range also..

Anyway, best of luck!

J8x

Trend Setter
    Good to see that you're taking criticisms on board to work to a better product, I've seen far too many people think that their ideas are the best thing since sliced bread and ask for comment but then disregard it when they don't like what they hear. No one is going to have success straight away its about learning from your mistakes and taking advice from your market which it sounds like you're doing so props for that. I think in the midst of my earlier comments I forgot to applaud you for taking the chance and trying something like this, I know guys who've done similar and it can consume a lot of time and effort. I'm sure if you keep going you'll find some success provided you stay true to your quality.

gus

Nice one for actually getting this stuff done. I agree with everyone that it's a tough market to get into, but I also think that if you make something good enough, then there's no reason you can't be one of the brands that succeeds. Although at the moment I don't really like that blue to be honest. If you're gonna go for colour I think you should go for something stronger, maybe something more like this opening ceremony stuff: http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/20...llection-0.jpg

I also think focusing on trying to get celebrities to wear some of your stuff is a good idea. Pretty hard to do, but get just one celebrity photographed in some of your stuff and you're made!

Anyway, hope it goes well

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    From my perspective, it looks like you're heading in the right direction.

The designs above are cool, and broadly in line with what I've seen from other urban brands. Nothing wrong with baby blue in my opinion, and it is absolutely in line with hip hop fashion, which is following the sneaker trend and pushing more clothing into loud, bold colours, as well as having traditional neutral lines..

I know you have invited critiscm, but there's been enough of that here already. Sounds like you're focussed on quality first, and that's the main thing.

I certainly think there is PLENTY of room for new brands, and we're seeing new brands all the time. OVO (from Drake) is finally making its way to the UK, and the likes of Trukfit is gradually getting into more UK stores. I like Undefeated, and the new adidas 'NEO' range also..

Anyway, best of luck!
    Thank you for your kind words sir, much love to you!

But yes you are right, I dont understand why everyone has to criticize our colors, when Pink Dolphin is one of the hottest brands in the market right now and they use the most exotic colors I have seen. I collect sneakers and you're right, we try to get our colorway with the powder blue colorway of the Jordans, which has been quite a hit.

You say that our brand is in line with the other urban brands, but unfortunately we are trying to stray away from that and we will work on it. I am glad to hear that Trukfit is finally making it to the UK. Hopefully that will be us some day.

Thanks again!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    Good to see that you're taking criticisms on board to work to a better product, I've seen far too many people think that their ideas are the best thing since sliced bread and ask for comment but then disregard it when they don't like what they hear. No one is going to have success straight away its about learning from your mistakes and taking advice from your market which it sounds like you're doing so props for that. I think in the midst of my earlier comments I forgot to applaud you for taking the chance and trying something like this, I know guys who've done similar and it can consume a lot of time and effort. I'm sure if you keep going you'll find some success provided you stay true to your quality.
    Yes, accepting criticism has to be one of the most influential parts on this industry. You have to be able to take everybody's words in to consideration and be willing to try new thins along with going out of your comfort zone.

Fortunately, nobody on FashionBean has given us any negative criticism that we cant make use of which is awesome. Some of the other forums that we post on have nothing positive to say about us because of the fact we are not mainstream and may not be the greatest brand out there, which is understandable. But hey, at least we are trying. Just trying to follow our dreams!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Nice one for actually getting this stuff done. I agree with everyone that it's a tough market to get into, but I also think that if you make something good enough, then there's no reason you can't be one of the brands that succeeds. Although at the moment I don't really like that blue to be honest. If you're gonna go for colour I think you should go for something stronger, maybe something more like this opening ceremony stuff: http://www.highsnobiety.com/files/20...llection-0.jpg

I also think focusing on trying to get celebrities to wear some of your stuff is a good idea. Pretty hard to do, but get just one celebrity photographed in some of your stuff and you're made!

Anyway, hope it goes well
    Thank you for the kind words!

Yes it takes much effort and is harder than it looks which is something the consumers dont understand.

Regarding the color...unfortunately i feel that we are too far into our gear that it might be a little to late to change the colorway. Although we plan on playing with some different colors on our clothing released in the near future.

We are in the process of getting a celebrity to rock our clothes and are hoping to have that done in the next month.

Fashionisto
    We greatly appreciate all of your FashionBean's members' educated opinions and advice on our growing brand. If you would like to help us out and show some support, send me a shipping address to wearemarsco@gmail.com and we'll hook you up with some stickers free of charge!!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by smith71 View Post
    Thank you for your kind words sir, much love to you!

But yes you are right, I dont understand why everyone has to criticize our colors, when Pink Dolphin is one of the hottest brands in the market right now and they use the most exotic colors I have seen. I collect sneakers and you're right, we try to get our colorway with the powder blue colorway of the Jordans, which has been quite a hit.

You say that our brand is in line with the other urban brands, but unfortunately we are trying to stray away from that and we will work on it. I am glad to hear that Trukfit is finally making it to the UK. Hopefully that will be us some day.

Thanks again!
    Hi, I just wanted to comment on the above 'bold' points

100% agree on the Jordan blue (Carolina blue). Jordan brand have just dropped the Jordan III, X, XI, and XII all in powder blue or gamma blue, and there is a sport blue line ready to drop in the summer. From the Nike Roshe, to Yeezy's, Air Max's, etc, there are a LOT of bold colour ways and prints available right now, and it is being reflected in clothing lines. Old school hip hop may be blacks and grey's, but the Trukfit range alone (with polka dots, camo, and zebra print) demonstrate a new direction in urban wear.

As far as my comment "the designs are broadly in line with what I've seen from other urban brands" - that was not intended to be negative or critical. I was simply stating that your designs are similar to the direction of other brands, and are 'on trend' from my perspective.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to comment on the above 'bold' points

100% agree on the Jordan blue (Carolina blue). Jordan brand have just dropped the Jordan III, X, XI, and XII all in powder blue or gamma blue, and there is a sport blue line ready to drop in the summer. From the Nike Roshe, to Yeezy's, Air Max's, etc, there are a LOT of bold colour ways and prints available right now, and it is being reflected in clothing lines. Old school hip hop may be blacks and grey's, but the Trukfit range alone (with polka dots, camo, and zebra print) demonstrate a new direction in urban wear.

As far as my comment "the designs are broadly in line with what I've seen from other urban brands" - that was not intended to be negative or critical. I was simply stating that your designs are similar to the direction of other brands, and are 'on trend' from my perspective.
    I am glad to hear words of encouragement on the fact that we are trying to appeal to the sneakerhead community. We have had great results in that aspect.

Hopefully the designs we have to come will fit the Sport Blue line coming out this summer, im trying to get the 3's myself :-)

Fashionisto
    Giving FashionBean the first look of our new shirt dropping tomorrow. What do you guys think?

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last