FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Fashionisto
    you guys dont dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by smith71 View Post
    Giving FashionBean the first look of our new shirt dropping tomorrow. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by smith71 View Post
    you guys dont dig it?
    lol

No pic

And you need to wait more than 20mins to get any responses

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    lol

No pic

And you need to wait more than 20 minutes to get any responses
    pic is in OP and I know i'm sorry, used to other forums where they post in like 30 seconds lol. Here is another picture

I don't know about this one to be honest.

The branding by the neck looks cool until you realise it's just the name of the company repeated three times. It would have been better to come up with a slogan of some sort imo as it looks like you're just filling the space. The brand Dope Chef springs to mind as an example of how really make this work. Much catchier name too.

Not sure about the use of the rasta red, gold & green either. Wearing those colours makes a statement about the wearer, and it might not be a statement that everyone wants to make.

I can see people wearing this though, but it's not for me.

Trend Setter
    Horrendous

Style Icon
    I think the thing I would consider, is what exactly does your brand represent? Why would a buyer hand over the cash? Who is your audience?

At present, the tops are not in any way fashionable or trendy - they don't follow any particular fashion theme, trend etc and it's hard to imagine how they would fit with anything else other than a pair of jeans. This is totally cool if you are not focusing on a fashion piece, which then leaves you with a market for people who will but it purely for the brand. At the moment you do not have an established brand either, so who exactly is the target market? Most brands have a stereotypical target audience - who is yours?

The item does not look posh, exclusive or expensive, the font looks like something off a 1990s Greek nightclub flyer and the colours have no real sympathy for each other or anything else you'd need to wear it with.

The brutal truth is that this is not an attractive or viable business product at the moment, sure you might sell a few, but it simply isn't inspiring enough to sell in the hundreds, let alone the thousands.

Des

Trend Setter
    Out of interest, whats the feedback like from other forums? Perhaps you're asking the wrong audience. I'm not saying people aren't informed enough here to give an opinion, as posters here have offered good advice and know what they like. Someone will no doubt disagree and mention the diversity of members here but when was the last streetwear inspired thread or waywt post? There are, however, some white skinny jeans getting mad props at the mo. Its also been well documented here that nobody likes a huge visible logo, let alone one that isn't even established.

Trend Setter
    I agree, a slogan/print would be better, and with a different font.

Style Icon
    Very basic looking. One way of using those three colours without bringing in the rasta connutations would be to incorporate a sound level meter graphic of some description.

Trend Setter
    Why not play with the brand name a bit? Apart from mars bars, Mars says to me:

- the planet
    - Roman God of War.

Wonder if you could draw off any cool iconography (look for architectural, literary, artistic references - anything that may be the source of an awesome image) of either to give yourselves a bit of an identity. Sounds a bit obvious but then having the name of the company written on the t-shirt is obvious too. You could then deconstruct it a bit if you don't want the full-on print look. You seem to want to do things with colour so that may suit you.

May be a batshit suggestion but the consensus seems to be: be more adventurous.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last