FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Trend Setter
    Check him out, he was a dude. He had faces on his footwear!

Style Icon
    Some good ideas there McCoy. I like the Roman God of War take on things - it's a really interesting angle.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Check him out, he was a dude. He had faces on his footwear!

I just might have to run with this..

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Very basic looking. One way of using those three colours without bringing in the rasta connutations would be to incorporate a sound level meter graphic of some description.

this is definitely a great idea, clearly too late though

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    I don't know about this one to be honest.

The branding by the neck looks cool until you realise it's just the name of the company repeated three times. It would have been better to come up with a slogan of some sort imo as it looks like you're just filling the space. The brand Dope Chef springs to mind as an example of how really make this work. Much catchier name too.

Not sure about the use of the rasta red, gold & green either. Wearing those colours makes a statement about the wearer, and it might not be a statement that everyone wants to make.

I can see people wearing this though, but it's not for me.
    We are in the process of working with a graphic designer so we can stray away from over using our brand name. You're right about ony certain people wanting to buy it because of the colors, that is a problem we have run in to unfortunately but this tee is still selling better than any of our other items so far

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Out of interest, whats the feedback like from other forums? Perhaps you're asking the wrong audience. I'm not saying people aren't informed enough here to give an opinion, as posters here have offered good advice and know what they like. Someone will no doubt disagree and mention the diversity of members here but when was the last streetwear inspired thread or waywt post? There are, however, some white skinny jeans getting mad props at the mo. Its also been well documented here that nobody likes a huge visible logo, let alone one that isn't even established.
    honestly we are getting about the same feedback from the other forums, just not something that we can work off like FashionBean is allowing.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I think the thing I would consider, is what exactly does your brand represent? Why would a buyer hand over the cash? Who is your audience?

At present, the tops are not in any way fashionable or trendy - they don't follow any particular fashion theme, trend etc and it's hard to imagine how they would fit with anything else other than a pair of jeans. This is totally cool if you are not focusing on a fashion piece, which then leaves you with a market for people who will but it purely for the brand. At the moment you do not have an established brand either, so who exactly is the target market? Most brands have a stereotypical target audience - who is yours?

The item does not look posh, exclusive or expensive, the font looks like something off a 1990s Greek nightclub flyer and the colours have no real sympathy for each other or anything else you'd need to wear it with.

The brutal truth is that this is not an attractive or viable business product at the moment, sure you might sell a few, but it simply isn't inspiring enough to sell in the hundreds, let alone the thousands.
    The tops can be worn with floral, camo, white jeans depending on how you want to wear it and what you have the confidence to wear.

We are not trying to sell hundreds or thousands of shirts, as we are just trying to gain knowledge of the fashion industry as it is our passion to work with fashion as a career. We are not trying to earn profit as much as just get the brand to pay for itself so we can continue to make progress with better quality clothing and designs.

With the knowledge we have gained we feel that our next drop is going to get our name buzzing, but it is going to take some time and we are not going to rush it

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    Horrendous
    thanks man

Fashionisto
    Thank you guys for all your support. Give us a look this weekend

Fashionisto
    Take a look at our newest product. Any opinions are welcome

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last