FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Fashionisto

M.A.-R.S. Company

BUCKET HAT PREVIEW

Me and my buddy started a street wear brand this past summer, originated to show the affiliation of fashion and the hip-hop genre. With having much success after our first line and budget beginning to expand, we are now able to follow through with designs we have wanted to pursue for months.

I am not posting this thread for advertisement, I would just like some educated opinions on our clothing and any criticism is welcome.

We are adding bucket hats to our summer line, which will be releasing in the next couple weeks. What do you guys think of it?

Last edited by smith71; 17-06-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: new item

Fashionisto
    Can I get some opinions

Fashionisto
    Not a fan of the baby blue to be honest. The logo's alright, if a bit dull and basic. I'm guessing it's just the initials of the two of you who started the clothing line? I think something a bit more inventive might be needed. Comme des F*ckdown and Hype were logos people really jumped on last year, can't see M.A. - R.S. being something people particularly want on their tops?

I think the second sweater (black one) is the best, the pattern around the logo is pretty nice. I'm not really into the hypebeast stuff too much, but recognisable patters and logos seem to be important. Hype's tie-dye and florals last year took off but the logo made is obvious what label it was. The ones you've posted all look pretty different barring the logo and even that's placed differently each time, it's not really consistent.

For most of these brands to take off you need a famous co-signer or celebrity to wear them it seems. If it was me I'd probably focus on the basics, fit/quality is really important for customers. The hoody looks HUGE and I don't think oversized is something that's really in at the moment? I don't really know what else to add, hope the input helped.
    Last edited by Perry; 31-03-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Des

Trend Setter
    Oversized is fine (particularly for streetwear) but only if its meant to be worn large. The hoody looks too.. 'Bought a load of plain ones wholesale and ironed on your logo'. Sorry.
    Your budget will go through the roof but you need quality fabric if you're only looking to emphasise a logo.
    Tell people more about how your brand came about and originated.

Bape, WTAPS and Supreme are all killing it at the moment for street style and their garments scream quality, but its their respectable ethos that people are buying into.
    Best of luck.

In all honest mate, I work in fashion and graphic design and you're really going to have to work on the quality of the items themselves and the quality and originality of the designs you're printing. It's a very competitive market and small companies fail every day so good luck.

Style Icon
    You asked for opinions so here goes...

The name isn't very original. Mars bars spring to mind as does the collaboration between AR Kane and Colourbox back in the 80s when they released the wonderful "Pump Up the Volume" under the moniker, MARRS.

The second sweatshirt looks like a design for a pair of socks.

The graphics look like they were done in Microsoft Paint.

All in all, the quality of the stuff & the designs looks like the stuff they sell in Primark.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Not a fan of the baby blue to be honest. The logo's alright, if a bit dull and basic. I'm guessing it's just the initials of the two of you who started the clothing line? I think something a bit more inventive might be needed. Comme des F*ckdown and Hype were logos people really jumped on last year, can't see M.A. - R.S. being something people particularly want on their tops?

I think the second sweater (black one) is the best, the pattern around the logo is pretty nice. I'm not really into the hypebeast stuff too much, but recognisable patters and logos seem to be important. Hype's tie-dye and florals last year took off but the logo made is obvious what label it was. The ones you've posted all look pretty different barring the logo and even that's placed differently each time, it's not really consistent.

For most of these brands to take off you need a famous co-signer or celebrity to wear them it seems. If it was me I'd probably focus on the basics, fit/quality is really important for customers. The hoody looks HUGE and I don't think oversized is something that's really in at the moment? I don't really know what else to add, hope the input helped.
    Thank you so much for your input, every word you said will be taken in to consideration. Yes M.A.-R.S. is our initials and we were trying to brand our names in the past, but with the feedback we have been getting and opinions of some 'higher up' designers, we are going to be putting more emphasis on our designs and quality rather than our name.

The hoodie isnt necessarily huge, but its definitely not small either. It was the first item we had designed when we started the company, but we have come a long way.

Our next drop is 4/20 be on the look for us. Thanks again

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Oversized is fine (particularly for streetwear) but only if its meant to be worn large. The hoody looks too.. 'Bought a load of plain ones wholesale and ironed on your logo'. Sorry.
    Your budget will go through the roof but you need quality fabric if you're only looking to emphasise a logo.
    Tell people more about how your brand came about and originated.

Bape, WTAPS and Supreme are all killing it at the moment for street style and their garments scream quality, but its their respectable ethos that people are buying into.
    Best of luck.
    With our budget expanding we plan to focus more on the quality of the shirts rather than branding our name. The hoodie definitely is not the best quality, but it was our first product we dropped and i feel we have come a log way.

Unfortunately though im gonna have to disagree with you on the quality of clothes of the brands you listed. No matter how good of quality these brands are they continue to be overpriced, which we are trying to stay away from.

Thanks for your opinion, next drop is 4/20 and ill be posting in this thread for you to peep.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    In all honest mate, I work in fashion and graphic design and you're really going to have to work on the quality of the items themselves and the quality and originality of the designs you're printing. It's a very competitive market and small companies fail every day so good luck.
    We are very aware that there are thousands of brands we are competing with. Quality is first and we currently have the best quality of clothing for our budget. We are only going to get better as time goes by.

Thanks for your opinion

Fashionisto
    We are aware there is a candy with the same name as us. We are on our way up and are trying every day to get better with designs. Thanks for your opinion.
    Last edited by smith71; 01-04-2014 at 06:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last