FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

First suit but not dull.

Hey guys I've been reading this forum for around a year now and getting great advice, decided it's about time I actually posted.

Looking at getting my first suit on more of a student budget, I don't need it for work but for the odd wedding and formal opportunity.
    I'd love something that could also be worn as separates as I dress on more of the smart side of the line, the thing is I love navy but don't want to look like I've come straight from a workplace.

So I'd love something more adventurous like this
    Suit Blue Check Hudson P3836 | Suitsupply Online Store

The question is how versatile would this be? Would it be good as separates? does anyone know anything about the quality? and any alternative options?

Thanks in advance Will

Edit: Also I'm around 6 foot 5 and skinny so always am looking to avoid looking like a beanpole

Style Icon
    I've actually seen that suit in person and it does look quite different to the online image, very much a floppy linen and whilst it will look pretty good in the summer, you won't really be wearing this in the winter, not only because of the material thickness but it also looks far too summery. I wanted one of the suit supply suits for work and their entire linen / cotton mix range looked really informal in the flesh.

Maybe a tweed from the likes of Topman would work better if you are looking for separates. Ok not ideal material for a full suit in summer, but some of their tweeds are not that thick.

Thanks for the reply,
    Whats the quality like on Topman suits though and wouldn't tweed just look wrong in the summer? I don't mind spending a tad more for something that will last longer

After looking I like this http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/produc...599?bi=1&ps=20
    But being 70% Polyester surely I can get better for a similar price?

+ Reply to Thread