FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter
    If you want the white CP achilles for less then retail, buying them second hand is the only way to get them.

Also if I remember correctly the Mr Porter summer sale starts sometime in June. Maybe someone else can correct me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    If you want the white CP achilles for less then retail, buying them second hand is the only way to get them.

Also if I remember correctly the Mr Porter summer sale starts sometime in June. Maybe someone else can correct me on that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Yeah imagine Mr Porter stick some of the Non-CPs on the half price list so will sit and wait. Can grab some cheap ones for everyday use 'til then. Believe it's the end of May their offers usually start?
    Exactly what I'm waiting for. The Mr Porter mid season sale started on the 25/6/12 and 24/6/13 so expect the same dates this year.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Exactly what I'm waiting for. The Mr Porter mid season sale started on the 25/6/12 and 24/6/13 so expect the same dates this year.
    Thanks for the dates. Annoying having to wait but at least it won't be hot 'til July so can survive with crap quality or older stuff til then

How about Creative Recreation Kaplans

They are like a mix of Converse and Lanvins. Very similar to my Oliver Sweeney Tyler's

I've got quite a few pairs now. All white leather and Navy mesh are my new summer pairs. Good quality too.

It's a shame Oliver Sweeney don't keep Tyler's as a staple style because they are perfect trainers.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS81 View Post
    How about Creative Recreation Kaplans

I'm on the lookout for white trainers too - spotted the Creatives the other day. They don't look too bad.

Creative Recreation | Creative Recreation Kaplan Perforated Trainers at ASOS

I really like the look of these Diemmes...

Diemme Mens White Veneto Low Sneakers | oki-ni

But am awful tempted by these...

Converse - Red Maison Martin Margiela Jack Purcell Painted Sneakers *|*MR PORTER

Either that or buy a pair of red Converse for a 1/4 of the price and a tin of white paint. I'm sure the end effect would be quite similar. I love the artistry of the idea though - how they've taken the idea of a white pristine trainer and turned into something that just falls into decay.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I love the artistry of the idea though - how they've taken the idea of a white pristine trainer and turned into something that just falls into decay.
    ... say what?! So they've not just 'painted a shoe' then?

BTW, very much liking the look of those Diemmes. but then at that price, I would do!
    I'm after some new whites too. I've just got a pair of standard white leather Vans, which are ok, but the sole/support is shit, they're just entirely flat, and so not the greatest if doing any significant walking (which I like to do).

This will be my next research piece! Some new whites. I'm bored of the skate-pumps look now, as classic as it is. I want some decent white(ish) trainers, probably from a fashion brand as I can't dig sports brands as day-to-day wear.
    I've had a few pairs of Diesel Korbins in the past. I still like those, but not overly keen on the latest incarnation.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    ... say what?! So they've not just 'painted a shoe' then?

Ya.. reminds me of the time when Michelangelo ended up having to paint ceilings for a living.

Des

Trend Setter
    Best worn with raw denim and watch NOBODY invite you round their house for tea.

Trend Setter
    if they break in like my jack Purcell's - the inside of the heel will soon by painted red....WITH YOUR OWN BLOOD!!!!!

JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    if they break in like my jack Purcell's - the inside of the heel will soon by painted red....WITH YOUR OWN BLOOD!!!!!
    That's odd. I didn't find my pair of JP's hard to break in at all. Granted - I found then a bit chunky at first, when I tried them on. But when I started to actually wear them - no problems at all - they're actually very comfy. They sqeuak a bit though. That's a bit annoying when you walk around in a library or other quiet places. Are yours made from leather or canvas?
    Regards
    Johan

+ Reply to Thread