FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter

White Trainers - Opinion Wanted

Can anyone vouch for the quality of these? Based on their clothes I imagine they last for ever but have never seen them in person so would like a second opinion. 75 less than Common Projects, but are they relatively similar quality? Prefer the shape of these from what I've seen although I'm only going off of pictures of both DOLCE AND GABBANA Nappa Calfskin Trainers - Flannels
    Last edited by Gibbe84; 01-04-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Trend Setter
    Also looking at these as the feedback on Our Legacy seems very positive Our Legacy Off Court Leather Sneaker (White)

The D&Gs are a bit weird, the branding looks tacky and cheap which isn't really the idea with this style of minimalist trainer. Sure the quality will be top notch (Nappa Calfskin, after all) so if you like them, go for it. If I were considering spending that much on those though, I would def go the extra mile for CP's personally.

I've just ordered a pair of the OL's from eBay for cheap and while they are very nice, again if I was paying full price I would stretch to CP Achilles; they are just the holy grail of this type of shoe and will be the best investment long term.

Edit: The D&Gs also look a little too slimline for my taste.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    The D&Gs are a bit weird, the branding looks tacky and cheap which isn't really the idea with this style of minimalist trainer. Sure the quality will be top notch (Nappa Calfskin, after all) so if you like them, go for it. If I were considering spending that much on those though, I would def go the extra mile for CP's personally.

I've just ordered a pair of the OL's from eBay for cheap and while they are very nice, again if I was paying full price I would stretch to CP Achilles; they are just the holy grail of this type of shoe and will be the best investment long term.

Edit: The D&Gs also look a little too slimline for my taste.
    I think I like them because they're slimline and because of the shape of the uppers. I wear a European 10 or often an 11 from British brands and my feet can look like canoes in something plain, thin and long. Not sure I'm a fan of the shape of the CPs or the lacing style. Maybe it's just the photos but the soles come across as very bulky and the shape seems pretty round. I have quite wide feet anyway and don't want anything that makes them look bigger. I love the Burberry ones I bought in December for this reason. They look about two sizes smaller than they are. Having said this it could just be the photos and the CPs could be perfect afterall. I believe nobody sells them off cheap? I haven't seen them on offer anywhere.

Nah white CPs will never go cheap

Seasonal colourways tend to get reduced

The D&Gs do have a similar silhouette to the Burberry ones so they could be a good shout if that's what you're after as the OL's & CP's are def a bit chunkier & rounder in the toe.

I don't really like the branding on the D&Gs or the accent around the heel but I guess they prob won't be that noticeable irl.

Trend Setter
    Nah white CPs will never go cheap

Seasonal colourways tend to get reduced

The D&Gs do have a similar silhouette to the Burberry ones so they could be a good shout if that's what you're after as the OL's & CP's are def a bit chunkier & rounder in the toe.

I don't really like the branding on the D&Gs or the accent around the heel but I guess they prob won't be that noticeable irl.
    Agree on the branding. Find it a bit needless, especially the the stitching around the logo to accentuate it further. Think I might order them and see what they look like then send them back and get the CPs if they're not the right shape or if the branding ruins them. IIRC Flannels do free returns so nothing to lose. Just want something slim to go with my tailored jeans and chinos I've had tapered. Find chunky trainers are too much and ruin this silhouette. Otherwise I guess I could just get the leather Converse from Mr Porter? Not sure what to do. Just need something ultra slim that's so neutral it's not noticeable but they need to wear well or they'll ruin outfits if covered in scratches or marks. Not point in investing food in trousers if your footwear ruins the look after-all.

I'd probably choose the Jack Purcells over the D&Gs personally...

Can't see the quality being as good tho :-/

Trend Setter
    I'd probably choose the Jack Purcells over the D&Gs personally...

Can't see the quality being as good tho :-/
    Thanks. Think I'll trust you as you seem to be an expert on these things. Much less money to risk and if they only last the summer it's not biggie at that price.

I'm by no means an expert, just giving my opinion

If you do it that way you can see if CPs or OLs hit the sales after the summer.

Trend Setter
    I'm by no means an expert, just giving my opinion

If you do it that way you can see if CPs or OLs hit the sales after the summer.
    Yeah imagine Mr Porter stick some of the Non-CPs on the half price list so will sit and wait. Can grab some cheap ones for everyday use 'til then. Believe it's the end of May their offers usually start?

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last