FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Unstructured Blazer

Hey guys, I know you see a lot of articles like this where people need help but these forums help so much in my fashion I have to ask for some help again!

i'm looking for a casual unstructured blazer, colour doesn't matter too much, navy, grey, tan, burgundy etc.

Preferably under 70 really!

Let me give you some background so you guys can help what I'm looking for.

I have a denim jacket, harrington, bomber etc and decided to branch out to another jacket for spring/summer. In the last year or so I've been replacing desert boots and trainers with chelsea boots, brogues etc and opting for a smarter(ish) wardrobe.. BUT I still don't want my wardrobe to be as smart as 90% of you guys on here (nothing wrong with it, just doesnt fit my lifestyle and age (20)).

SO, the unstructured blazer needs to be as casual as possible, the ONLY thing I've come across so far that I like, in a slim very casual blazery piece under 100 ish is this from Zara

COTTON AND LINEN BLAZER - Blazers - MAN | ZARA United Kingdom

and an allsaints navy one (which they now dont sell so i cant get hold of and dont know the price, probably high)

ANY help would be hugely appreciated guys, this is such a specific item im looking for its infuriating, have trawled through website after website, eBay, shops etc.

Thanks in advance

Style Icon
    That Zara one looks sound to me. The bomber jacket style collar makes it very casual looking which is what you're after. I'd say go for it.

Fashionisto
    Yeah I do really like it actually, Im just hoping the good people of Fashionbeans could find me a cheaper alternative or offer me a fresh idea ! (optimistic i know!)

Nat

Style Icon
    It looks kinda cool, but is very casual, and gives a totally different look from a more traditional blazer (lapels etc). Most of Mango's blazers are unstructured/casual (no shoulder padding, unlined, patch pockets, cut a bit shorter than suit jackets). They might be a bit out of your budget, but if you hang on a bit, they generally have great sales.

Otherwise, have you tried Uniqlo?

Fashionisto
    When you have a look through fashionbeans' menswear search, there's loads of stuff available cheaply - does any of it grab you at all?

Mens Blazers & Sports Jackets Available To Buy At FashionBeans (under 50)

If not, can you tell us what you like or don't like about them so we can help find something to suit you?

Fashionisto
    Thanks Nat, I tried Mango and did spot a couple of pieces that were nice but as you say, quite pricey.

Vince, not going to lie I've never even come across that part of the website!! That's helped out so much, found like 6 or 7 pieces that I like!!

thanks so much to all knew you guys would pull through for me!

Fashionisto
    I just got an unstructured blazer from Mango, 69.99 in the sale:

Now, granted it's not arrived yet so I'm not sure if it will fit, or indeed what colour it actually is (as nothing from Mango is the same colour it is on their website) but they've got a few options in the 'special prices' section.

+ Reply to Thread