FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Slim fit, double breasted blazer

Gents,

I bought this blazer some time ago in the Reiss sale:

The idea being to ave it tailored and wear it with navy trousers and brown monks to a couple of summer weddings.

Irritatingly, the tailor I visited has told me that in order for the sleeves to fit, they would have to be taken up at the shoulder (due to working cuff), and that the chest cannot be taken in properly due to the lining. The cost for work which would be imperfect would be 50+, and to the tailor's credit she advised against doing the alterations.

With this said, I need some inspiration - I'd like to find a similar blazer, ideally for less than 200. So have at it, hopefully someone can pull a classic out the bag!

Fashionisto
    Suitsupply have various double breasted full suits at the 350 mark

Suit Light Grey Plain Soho P3579 | Suitsupply Online Store

Trend Setter
    Cheers for the suggestion. I'm not looking for a whole suit - I'm wearing separates - and the blazers available to buy as single items from SS don't float my boat.

Anyone else?

Trend Setter
    I've been looking for a nice double-breasted blazer and I've really only been able to find them in light grey or navy. I don't know if they are more of a A/W item, at least in the colour you've got, but it seems like there still isn't much out there in terms of affordable double-breasted blazers in anything other than navy or grey.

+ Reply to Thread