FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Good deal on Timex Weekender

I was on the lookout for a lighter watch with a NATO strap, and the guys on reddit's MFA board rave about the Timex Weekender.

Amazon.co.uk currently have them for 25 (about half price):

Timex Weekender Central Park Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Red, White and Blue Nylon Strap T2N746PF: Timex Originals: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Fashionisto
    I think that looks pretty tacky compared to the similar ones that Accurist do.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightonMike View Post
    I think that looks pretty tacky compared to the similar ones that Accurist do.
    Fair enough, but it's a nice, cheap, minimalist timepiece for out and about - I like the look of it, although how they are in the flesh remains to be seen.

Fashionisto
    I may well buy one, probably with a different coloured strap though. Can't go too far wrong for that price.

Fashionisto
    I picked up this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timex-Origin...imex+weekender a few months back.

It's a pretty solid watch for the price. Worth it for day-to-day use I'd say.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_s_r View Post
    I picked up this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timex-Origin...imex+weekender a few months back.

It's a pretty solid watch for the price. Worth it for day-to-day use I'd say.
    I bought one last year. It spends half the day with the hands not moving. I sent it back to Timex for a repair a month after buying it, they sent it back six months later still broken and with a few extra scratches added for good luck. I wouldn't touch the company with a bargepole now. YMMV.

Search on eBay for flieger watch - one of those is on my list to buy next.

+ Reply to Thread