FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

Trend Setter
    If anyone is interested in that WANT Tote you can use this discount code for 20% off: Midseason
    Nearly forgot... Its a Coggles code.

Personally the large one is quite wide and I am a small person. 52cm Wide. but you can get a bargain:

Your discount has been applied: Midseason Sale offer 20% off -46.00
    Total Delivery Cost: 0.00
    Total: 184.00
    Last edited by James; 07-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    The o'hare is the smaller tote version. I recon the leather one in the op is a little naff looking if I'm honest.
    Hey Joshua, thanks for the input. It has really put me on the back foot. There is definitely a reason the one in the OP hasn't been ordered yet, but I cannot find that bag I think I need. The o'hare is definitely a better option, but I am not getting good feedback from the other half who thinks it is still too big and rather feminine.

I cannot find something that suits my taste on my budget. Am I being too particular? probably... but I will only buy if I feel its right.
    I wish the WANT in your OP was a little smaller, like a briefcase size as the style otherwise would suit me down to the ground.

Has anyone else got a suggestion, or even a website to view? It seems I have been surfing the web for something that doesnt exist.

Thanks all for the feedback/advice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hey Joshua, thanks for the input. It has really put me on the back foot. There is definitely a reason the one in the OP hasn't been ordered yet, but I cannot find that bag I think I need. The o'hare is definitely a better option, but I am not getting good feedback from the other half who thinks it is still too big and rather feminine.

I cannot find something that suits my taste on my budget. Am I being too particular? probably... but I will only buy if I feel its right.
    I wish the WANT in your OP was a little smaller, like a briefcase size as the style otherwise would suit me down to the ground.

Has anyone else got a suggestion, or even a website to view? It seems I have been surfing the web for something that doesnt exist.

Thanks all for the feedback/advice so far.
    No worries mate, happy to help. Last option is the smallest tote WANT do. Failing that you're on your own mate

I understand where your girlfriend's coming from, mine has said the same but I recon it works.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    No worries mate, happy to help. Last option is the smallest tote WANT do. Failing that you're on your own mate

I understand where your girlfriend's coming from, mine has said the same but I recon it works.
    Thanks Joshua. I prefer the larger of the 3, this one is too tall compared to how skinny for my liking.
    Looks like I am on my own on this one.

Trend Setter
    Hey guys, old thread but I am still hunting around for a bag that is the size i like and the style i want.
    I ended up coming across this one, which is perfect, quite literally.

My problem is that after thinking wow 110 is cheap, I was hit with the international shipping issues associated with this bag, which then includes tax. Again with returning it makes that not really an option, so its a buy and have to keep or eBay.

So I wonder what your thoughts are on this bag after the total is 150 including tax and shipping costs.
    The reason I like it, is the smaller size at 13" which is perfect for work and laptop.

On a side note, if anyone knows where I can get this bag cheaper, shipped in UK or with a promo code please let me know.

Thanks

WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie 'Mirabel' Shopping Tote | Nordstrom

Style Icon
    It's a nice bag but it seems a bit pricey for canvas.

Trend Setter
    As a silhouette it's girly, but the reason why it's not ultimately girly at all, is that no woman would buy that as their handbag.

I have to agree with the above two posts

Personally, I would rock it, but would expect to get some handbag comments

150 does seem a lot for what it is... Does it have a shoulder strap / internal compartments etc?

It's a french brand (I assume) so you must be able to source one more locally.

Good choice James, seems like the perfect size for a smaller everyday bag.

Yes, some people will bang on about the whole 'man bag' bollocks, but I've got shit to carry with me so deal with it!

The price is a little high for canvas, but the quality is top notch, the leather handles are thick and of a very high quality so it's worth the money.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the input guys. Never thought it would be so hard to find a bag to my liking. Prices are pretty high for what I am after. Champagne taste on a lemonade budget it would seem. I want to see something and it immediately have that feel/look of luxury, something I can see aging well.

The WANT bag has been a little bit of a love/hate relationship. It is the simple design that I like but I have to agree the price is high for what it is especially as it is canvas. I dont mind the handbag comments. Guys pull off a lot more girly items these days than a black canvas bag. So thats not an issue.

It seems I hit this problem every time I shop for a bag. Too girly, too big, too expensive, leather looks odd, handle too long, weird detailing. Always something that puts me off. Maybe I should lower my standards?

But the WANT is being put too one side and I may buy the o'hare as Joshua suggested later down the line.

Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread