FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

Fashionisto
    Filson 256 is a good shout.

Trend Setter
    Thanks Campbell, youre right that is a great shout, that is on my list and maybe just moved up a notch.

Fashionisto
    I just picked one up last month and I cannot speak highly enough of it. I was originally looking for the Padded Laptop bag (257) but was struggling to find it in the UK. I then spent more time investigating and worked out the 256 is probably the best size for my needs and it does protect the laptop as long as you are not throwning the bag all over the place.

I think that it is a great combo of casual but smart enough to use in a work environment.

Trend Setter
    Campbell, I am having the same issues with getting them in the UK too. I wanted the Tin Cloth in Black but after finding it difficult online and calling the London store the prices are outrageous. The bag was originally 175 online but after tax and delivery ended up near the 290 range, I called Filson's London store expecting better, but the prices again are just as steep.

To get a Filson in black is a long shot and a bit over the original budget, not by much but by enough to sway me. I may end up getting the Navy 256 which was my intention after getting a black from somewhere else.

Let me know if you have any suggestions as those Filsons are amazing bags and I have bumped this range well over anything else I was looking at.

Fashionisto
    Hello!

Just reusing this thread, rather than creating another one of a similar name!

I'm off to Uni in a couple of weeks to do Post-grad. I'm looking for a messenger-style bag, possibly canvas to carry things like glasses case, notepad, pen, keys, wallet... and possibly my iPad. I say, 'possibly' because I am not looking for anything much larger than the size of an iPad - so no lumbering great laptop/folder sized bags weighing me down and whapping against my leg! Gah!

...I'm actually struggling to find anything other than lumbering great messenger bags at the mo!

Can anyone advise or suggest any bags? Something small, neat and light, perhaps in canvas and not much wider than an iPad.

Thanks

Trend Setter
    A document holder might be a better choice

Fashionisto
    Nooooo, a bag, a bag!

(my kingdom for a bag...)

The document holder isn't really what I'm after... I want to have my hands free and a document holder feels a bit poncy for Uni... Plus, I don't see how I'd fit my glasses case and keys and wallet in there... Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Can anyone advise or suggest any bags? Something small, neat and light, perhaps in canvas and not much wider than an iPad.

Thanks

Try the "across body bags"section on Yoox - they have a few in small sizes. Zara also have a small range of mimi messenger bags which may suit..

Borsalino Across-Body Bag - Men Borsalino Across-Body Bags online on YOOX Ireland

Not Found

Des

Trend Setter
    Where do your books go?

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Where do your books go?
    I'm going to try and avoid taking any books - and any I need to take, I'll carry. It's so uncouth lumbering around (on campus, to/from the bus stops) with a massive messenger bag weighing you down with books - messing with my posture and whatever I'm wearing and ending up getting me all hot n bothered.

I used to have a small messenger bag that I got from Gap, but it wore out and I got this boring one for Christmas the year before last:

It's quite big and the temptation is to stuff it - and it looks a bit odd with only a few items in - because it's so big...

I saw this - similar to Dorian-G, but cheaper in Zara:
    Not Found

It's not as big as the messenger bag I used to have (the one that wore out) but for twenty quid it might do... If not for Uni, for going in to town etc...
    Last edited by Benvolio; 04-09-2014 at 08:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread