FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

3" / 76mm Wide Ties

I always seem to be drawn to 3" / 76mm wide ties as the ideal width, but find a lot of places online don't necessarily mention the width. Higher end often seems to equal wider and high street stores are often skinny.

My ties from Ted Baker, Suit Supply, Zara and others are in this width but just wondering where else is worth looking at?

Style Icon
    Reiss is worth a check, their ties are slightly narrower than normal (for example TM Lewin) but not skinny. Alfred Dunhill are the same.

Trend Setter
    Are Zara ties slim/skinny then? I was thinking of getting one of their linen plain ties, but haven't been in a zara shop in yonks.

This seems to be one area where you're either at the mercy of the website, its descriptions, or its pictures (you can tell if they pair it with a shirt/outfit, although most don't bother). It annoys me too as I prefer my ties slim as well.

Topman is a good option, although that sounds obvious. River Island/Burton too. Otherwise, I'd go in shops themselves, or otherwise you're at the mercy of the above/using free returns. Maybe use Mr Porter to judge the widths of different brands?

Fashionisto
    I have reiss ones actually that fit into this width! Zara seem to do two widths so depends on the particular the I much prefer their wider ones as these are about 3 the others are skinny which I'm definitely not a fan of.

+ Reply to Thread