FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Pale legs + shorts = ?

Hey fellas.

OK so now it's warming up it's about time to get some shorts on. HOWEVER .. like many UK based men my legs don't see the sun, and are a bit pasty. They're not lilywhite but they ain't far off .. I'm after a bit of advice on mainly colouring. My legs are fairly muscular in the upper, but not so much on the calf. better than average I suppose. Is it better to wear a pair that don't contrast - e.g pastels - or a navy or darker pair? In my head I'd have that classic beige and lighter brown as colours to avoid that would look worst. I'm thinking along the lines of pastel pink and baby blue? But just want second opinions. Even in summer I very rarely wear shorts but want this year to be a bit different and break that trend.

oh the other alternative is tanning them. I have bought some fake bake for fair skin, however I have no idea if I should shave my legs first? they're hardly hairy to begin with .. but I don't want the application to come out crap with it getting stuck in the hair and also of course I'd really rather NOT shave my legs if possible!

so what's the answer to this annual problem do we think?

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by djjjuk View Post

so what's the answer to this annual problem do we think?

Embrace the pale.

Style Icon
    Speaking as a man in a whiter shade of pale, I find wearing darker shorts, but lighter colours on top, flatters me the most. If I wear too lightly coloured shorts, I come off as extremely pale. My current shorts line up are deep blue (not quite navy), tan, blue + white striped and red.

I'd advice you to go darker on the shorts and save the baby blue and pastel pink for the shirts.

Of course, there's no one answer to this, so I'd advice you to go try a few different combinations out.

FashionBeans Legend
    Definitely stay away from the fake tan. It looks bad enough on women - blokes with fake tan inevitably end up looking like over-preened, prissy, twats. A bit like this guy...

Fashionisto
    understatement.^

Trend Setter
    Ah the good old doucheneck.
    I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear.....

ICA

You could hit a sunbed to get a base tan on them. Once you have that, they will tan more through having them out. Obviously nothing too extreme like the dashing chap above.

I'd definitely steer clear of fake tan products.

Green seems to work with my pale hairy legs

Style Icon
    lol @ doucheneck is that a thing?

OP: Have you tried grape stomping?

+ Reply to Thread