FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

white chinos dilemma!

Hi guys,

So I recently decided to buy a pair of "off white" (Ecru) slim fit chinos having been wanting a pair for ages! These:

ASOS | ASOS Slim Chinos at ASOS

I've been wearing them with the hems rolled and paired with my suede tan coloured loafers and a navy blue t shirt or polo for a relaxed weekend casual look when the sun is out. Question is that I can't decide what else to pair with them on my top half? any suggestions?

I've looked through some of the FB articles and decided on maybe a slim fit blue oxford but I'm thinking something simple for when the temperatures rise a little? Any thoughts? Colours?

Thanks!

Style Icon
    I think you can literally wear almost anything with it, this weekend I had white bottoms with this green patterned polo from reiss:
    Larry Sage Green Patterned Polo Shirt - REISS

Black, burgundy, any shade of blue, pinks, yellows. Only colours that might look a bit boring are greys and browns. Polo shirts to highlight the summer vibe look really good I think.

Trend Setter
    Thanks, Creed! I've been looking for either a polo or short sleeve shirt like that to go with them. I'm thinking of going for a preppy 1950s America look with something patterned like that tucked in.

Anyone have any thoughts on wearing something like a black motorcycle jacket (Barbour, Belstaff etc) with white chinos? with a plain T shirt underneath? I'm thinking about getting the most wear out of them on the not so sunny days!

Style Icon
    The problem I've found with wearing black leather with white jeans is that you have to match the shoes to it, and black shoes with white jeans is doable but (in my opinion) looks a bit out of place, as white is such a summer colour and black looks very heavy. Also Chinos tend to be thinner material than jeans and a thick leather can look too heavy with it, it looks a bit contradictory. White pumps with white jeans and black leather would probably look cool though.

Trend Setter
    The weight and texture of the leather was something that had concerned me too, Creed. I will give a wax cotton version a go and if it goes well I shall present my findings on here!

Trend Setter
    Jamie would you recommend those chinos? After something similar myself for a summer garden party that is in planning.

they look a steal at that price.

Trend Setter
    For me personally I find the fit to be good and the off white colour is slightly easier to pull off than the more bright white versions.

Trend Setter
    Thanks what waist are you if you don't mind me asking? Do they fit true to size?

Trend Setter
    This may bit a little more simple than the kind of answer you were fishing for, but how about switching those Oxford shirts for linen shirts for a laid back Mediterranean feel? If you think blue (or other block colours) work well with the white (which IMO is simple but awesome with the right fit) then why not just switch the material? Linen shirts and white trousers but go really well with boat shoes, loafers or even plimsolls. With block colours or even patterned shirts you have a lot of flexibility in your style. Otherwise light shade crew necks or polos would go well.

Trend Setter
    Naboo, they do fit fairly well to size when I've compared them to other brands. Possibly slightly slimmer than others though. Material quality is very good for the price and there is no rough stitching. Certainly better than alternatives offered by Zara for example. Maybe worth a blog mention! I'm planning on wearing mine tomorrow with a light blue oxford, suede tan loafers and a wax cotton barbour international jacket. We'll see how it goes!

+ Reply to Thread