FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2
    Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    This looks freakish and awful imo. Would hate to have arms like that - he looks like a complete cheesebag.

On a dude with normal sized arms (like the asos model in the op) that outfit could be ok, but on a physique like that he just looks like a Geordie Shore reject.

I get that bodybuiding is hard work and takes a ton of dedication, and a physique like that is hard to attain, but it just doesn't mix with looking fashionable.
    I think you're in the minority there. While my original post criticised his style (and his precision plucked eyebrows), his physique is definitely something to be admired (no homo). You're right in that today's designers don't cater for body-builders but Hugh Jackman, Kellan Lutz, Hemsworth.. all have a totally acceptable style and aren't short of fans.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    He's not alone looking like that. I don't think I've ever had to stand in line or wait to use the leg machines at any gym I've ever frequented.

In Sweden we call it "citytränad" (city fit) - all shoulders and arms, no legs.
    Sadly I go to a "weightlifting club" rather than a typical corporate gym so getting on the right machines on leg day can be tricky. Do know what you mean about that build though. Too many people who think looking strong is about biceps (only 25% of your arm muscles) and abs which is just low bodyfat % when in reality near every sport requures a strong base i.e. legs. Think the guy in the photo has an impressive upper body tbh, it just looks ridiculous because he has no calves and his quads are small. Too many people skipping leg day...

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I think you're in the minority there. While my original post criticised his style (and his precision plucked eyebrows), his physique is definitely something to be admired (no homo). You're right in that today's designers don't cater for body-builders but Hugh Jackman, Kellan Lutz, Hemsworth.. all have a totally acceptable style and aren't short of fans.
    I dunno man, he definitely looks 100% douchebag to me. I think it's hard to pull off that look IRL and not look like a douche.

Different for Hollywood actors really.

No archetypal icons of "cool" have those swollen creatine guns. That look is anathema to the notion of cool. It's just so tryhard, unnatural and unrefined.

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    I dunno man, he definitely looks 100% douchebag to me. I think it's hard to pull off that look IRL and not look like a douche.

Different for Hollywood actors really.

No archetypal icons of "cool" have those swollen creatine guns. That look is anathema to the notion of cool. It's just so tryhard, unnatural and unrefined.
    Oh god he looks like a first class pleb (No offence to the guy's fb friend)
    The negative connotations that the physique comes with are endless if you're styling that way. I still think it can be done in a classier way in which other guys (and not little chav girls) would find admirable. I'd love the challenge aswell... If I could be arsed to go to the gym.
    He's hardly The Rock though. Thats really is too much irl.
    Re his legs, it could just be the angle.
    Last edited by Des; 20-04-2014 at 09:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread