FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Which pair of Rivieras do you prefer?

Just bought both of these:

Rivieras - Cotton Mesh Slip-On Shoes*|*MR PORTER
    Rivieras - Rubber-Soled Raffia Slip-On Shoes*|*MR PORTER

With the aim of keeping one pair ready for the summer. Trouble is, I love them both...

Views welcome on which would be the most versatile or should I just keep 'em?

Fashionisto
    I would say the blue ones would be more versatile. But both look good and will work well with some nice shorts and a polo top.

Style Icon
    I think the latter ones, as I find lighter coloured shoes (generally) work best with shorts. But as BirdMan said, both look good.
    Last edited by MarcLager; 20-04-2014 at 03:12 PM.

I saw these on Mr P myself but I'm concerned about the type of shoe they are. How long should I expect a pair of these to last? I suppose if you get 1 or 2 summers out of them you've done well? They just look like the kind of shoes that will fall apart quite quickly.

Fashionisto
    It's a good point and I don't really know but can say that at first sight they seem to be good quality. The leather insoles look replaceable... I think I'll be keeping the lighter ones for the summer so will see how they get on...

Thanks for the comments.

Trend Setter
    I've got a pair of the blue rivieras as shown above from last summer and they are definitely wearing down quickly. I must say though that I have been wearing them almost nonstop last summer as it was so hot and they are insanely comfortable and the only shoes that kept me cool in the heat. Though I'd say 2 summers tops.

Sounds good to me. 'insanely comfortable' is music to my ears. I have to say, at 50 I'd be happy to get a full summer of heavy wearing from them.

Thanks for your input Anagni. It's always re-assuring to hear real life reports on products.

I prefer the lighter ones as they can be amtched by a much wider variety of colour and items. Both loko really good, but i prefer the lighter coloured pair.

+ Reply to Thread