FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Nudie Jeans - choosing the fit

I have several pairs of "Thin Finn" Nudie Jeans and I've been pretty happy with them over the years. One thing that's started to bug me however is that they don't quite taper towards the ankles as much as I would like at least compared to other skinnier/slim fits I've seen...

Does anyone know what fit I should try next? I don't really want to go skinnier as the fit elsewhere is great...

Des

Trend Setter

Trend Setter
    Thinking of buying some Tube Toms myself. The fit guide is great, hopefully it'll be accurate as I want that perfect fitting black pair of jeans to go alongside my cheap (but pretty great) river island stretch skinnies.

Trend Setter
    You need to try 'Tight Long John'. I used to wear Thin Finn & Grim Tim until I grabbed a pair of Tight Long John's last year and found the fit amazing. I now have 6 pairs! Take advantage of ASOS free delivery and returns to test the water.
    You Must Create

Fashionisto
    Just got two pairs of "tight long johns" from ASOS. Couldn't be more pleased and exactly what I was looking for. About the same as thin Finn at the top although with lower rise but nice and skinny all the way down.

Thanks all.

Style Icon
    Would you say they are a true waist size? I am a 30 waist, and take a Topman 30 and generally an All Saints 28.

Fashionisto
    I'd say true to size... I always get a 31" waist in Nudie Jeans and they are the most consistently fitting brand I've tried. For All Saints, the fit seems to vary wildly - I generally wear a size 30" in the Cigarettes/Iggy styles but I've tried on 30" waist pairs before that are hanging off me and pairs that I can't do up. I've never tried Topman jeans but if it helps, I always buy a size 30" waist in Reiss and I feel like I'm between 30" and 32" in Edwin.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Would you say they are a true waist size? I am a 30 waist, and take a Topman 30 and generally an All Saints 28.
    I'd at least order a 28w to try also. Most jeans will stretch out will decent wear and minimal washing. I wish I'd sized down on 99% of my jeans instead of comfort on purchase.

Fashionisto
    I've actually just ordered some Back2Black Thin Finns. I'm quite excited at the thought they might be sitting at home waiting for me. :/

Is that sad?

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    I've actually just ordered some Back2Black Thin Finns. I'm quite excited at the thought they might be sitting at home waiting for me. :/

Is that sad?
    Yep its sad. But only because not all companies give a decent delivery frame. I like to track DPD man doing his deliveries around my area til he gets to my house. Sadder.

+ Reply to Thread