FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    Probably helps that I don't drive so I'm talking about 2 house keys & a bike lock key on a plain ring.
    Ah, the lack of driving thing would explain it. Keyfob + Keyring = Coin pocket no likey

Man bags are pretty much a necessity for working in the office - can't say I use mine too much out side of that.

Style Icon
    I almost always have a shoulder bag - one for the office and one for the weekend.

The office one will take the usual keys, wallet & phone along with pencils, pens, umbrella, bottled water etc. The weekend one takes everything including nappies, baby wipes and snacks for the young 'un.

If I'm going out for the night, I'll only take the bare necessities - hall door key, plastic and my phone. The phone's an old Nokia which is very compact & fits into a top pocket.

Fashionisto
    Ha. I am a massive fan of rocking the old Nokias. I have an 8800, and it's just about the best thing in the whole world.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    Ha. I am a massive fan of rocking the old Nokias. I have an 8800, and it's just about the best thing in the whole world.
    My missus keeps telling me I need to upgrade to a smart phone, but I really have no use for one - I use my phone solely for phoning & texting. The benefit of not having a smart phone - for me - is that when I am away from my computer, I can't access the internet... otherwise I'd be online 24/7 which isn't healthy. Admittedly a camera would come in handy from time to time, but not enough to warrant getting a decent camera phone.

And of course, you can't beat an old Nokia for battery life - 3 to 4 days without a recharge, sometimes a week.

Fashionisto
    I actually find that newer smartphones aren't as good at maintaining calls either. For me it's mainly to do with the build quality. I drop, lob, lose, forget my phone, so something cheap, easily replaceable, and nigh on indestructible is pretty much perfect for me.

I've got over the not having a camera, as - well, there are quite enough drunken photos of me floating around the internet.

Des

Style Icon
    The smartphone unfortunately has been firmly cemented in the 'Need' accessory for me. I'm not constantly tweeting, instagramming, fb etc.. but I hate not being able to access email and a camera if needed.

Plus its two fingers to the networks who made out they were doing you a favour by increasing your mins and rip-off texts back in the day. Keep 'em. Just give me the wifi and a bit of data.

Fashionisto
    I'm attempting to try to not get to that place. I have just started twattering though.

I'm a stickler for 'proper' photography also, so unless smartphones start rocking D-SLRs, I'm safe.

Should that day come however, I'm just about as fucked as the fall of my suit jacket's gonna be when it's got an 18-135mm lens in the breast pocket.
    Last edited by Kessler; 06-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread