FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Fashionisto

Where to put wallet, keys, phones?

When I wear trousers I usually put them in my pockets but the phone is just so chunky looking and you can see them the shape of them in my pockets. What do you do with all these stuff?
    Last edited by CosmicVagrant; 01-05-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Des

Style Icon
    Cool fades, bro.

Fashionisto
    Back pocket + travel light, or a manbag.

I found it incredibly difficult to stash smokes on the move though, I'll admit.

Trend Setter
    Not long ago COS were selling a leather key holder case thing which I kind of wish I got.

Trend Setter
    Phone front left, keys front right, wallet back right.

The holey trinity, each one gets a pat as i leave the house, leave the office, get off a bus, train or tube... Probably alerting the pickpockets to where all the goodies are.

I keep my wallet slim though, and small. Thinking of investing in a bellroy one in near future. I dont carry extraneous keys and my phone is invariably the 'mini' or 'compact' version of whoevers Android.

Change and the odd note get put in the condom pocket.

I hate bulky pockets...

Style Icon
    If I have a shoulder bag, then most stuff go in there. If not:

Wallet in left jacket pocket, either front pocket or inner pocket. If I'm wearing a blazer or slim jacket, I might just bring one debit/credit card and some cash and leave the bulky wallet at home.

Keys in right jacket pocket. I have a fairly small set of keys - car, house, office, bike and a Bender (from Futurama) key ring.

Phone in right trouser pocket. I have a very thin HTC One, which usually doesn't leave much of a shape.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    The holey trinity, each one gets a pat as i leave the house, leave the office, get off a bus, train or tube... Probably alerting the pickpockets to where all the goodies are.
    I so do this.
    Last edited by Kessler; 01-05-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicVagrant View Post
    When I wear trousers I usually put them in my pockets but the phone is just so chunky looking and you can see them the shape of them in my pockets. What do you do with all these stuff?
    Keys go in the jeans coin pocket - I used to keep them in a main front pocket but they rip holes in the fabric there, and in the back pocket they'd spoil the look - for fitted trousers, there's a nasty bulge and for low-slung trousers there's a heavy sag. For the wallet and phone, inside pockets of my jacket (unless I'm carrying a bag, in which case they go there).

Coins are one thing I haven't sorted out yet; the coin pocket is too small for them and the other pockets have the same problem with coins as they do with keys - they make a heavy saggy lump. Maybe I need to get a coin wallet or something...

Quote Originally Posted by ukalec View Post
    Phone front left, keys front right, wallet back right.

Yes my B

Even if I have a bag they have to stay in this location, feel naked without

Fashionisto
    I tried the old 'wallet in the back pocket' for the first time ever as soon ago as this week... and it just feels wrong. It just screams "hello anybody, here's my wallet, come take it if you want, if you're any good I won't notice" to whit it promptly went back into my front right pocket.
    Never again!

(I'm talking about with jeans though... dunno what diff it makes with troos, if they had a button maybe.)

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last