FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

shortening the hem....fast

I have to go tomorrow in a formal occasion and I will wear a new pants.

The thing is I want to shorten the hem but I do not have the time to do it till tomorrow.
    My mother does that.

So is there a trick I cam do to shorten the hem temporarily just for this occasion-so I can wear it..

Trend Setter
    I think you could use some sort of adhesive but I would be careful on type of adhesive in case it cannot be removed. At a push double sided sticky tape.
    Otherwise you could try to iron them in?

IMO, best idea would be to wear something else as much as you want to wear that something new. Dont wear something half done, it wont feel the same.

Trend Setter
    Oh, if you use double sided sticky tape, chances are it wont last. I would put at least a couple very small stitches in.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Oh, if you use double sided sticky tape, chances are it wont last. I would put at least a couple very small stitches in.
    yes,but if I put stitches wont this harm the fabric-I do not know,I am just asking.

Of course if there is not a(good solution to the problem ) I will just not wear these pants

Trend Setter
    Honestly, I would just wait or take them to shop/tailor/dry cleaners to get it done.

+ Reply to Thread