FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Watch recommendation

I'm looking for a new watch and need a bit of advice. Generally, whilst I appreciate the Tag's and Breitling's of this world, metallic clunky looking watches aren't really for me. I'm also not particularly interested in Armani or Hugo Boss watches, as they tend to be fairly standard and the obvious premium comes from the brand name.

I'm looking for something of high quality, preferably an automatic watch. It has to be something that is quite unique and stands out...I got a lot of comments about my previous watch!

I've come across the Mondaine brand, and like the simplicity of their watches. I need to see them in person but I'm liking this one:

It's 439, although I can get a 25% discount at John Lewis through a friend.

Can anyone else recommend something for 500, which really stands out? I'm open to analogue or digital watches, the design has to be fairly simple as I hate loads of knobs and chronograph's etc.

Trend Setter
    For quality on a budget you want a jap watch, Citizen Eco Drive or Seiko SARB Automatic.
    Also a Hamilton would be a good shout.

Not sure if that is the style you are after though, but I would recommend the above on terms of quality.

Fashionisto
    Agree with James on the Seiko front - I've had a couple and they're excellent watches. Have a look at a Tissot as well. They're Swiss made and of good quality at a reasonable price.

Trend Setter
    Tissot are good but on a budget i think you might be hard pressed to find an automatic, otherwise I would recommend a Tissot PRC200 although it is a Quartz.

Thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate the brands mentioned offer good quality, however the watches themselves are clunky and have too much going on for me on the watchface. I like something as clean as possible, whilst maintaining quality, hence I like the watch in my original post.

Are there any particular watches recommended that people have bought, that might challenge the one in my original post for modern style and quality?

Maybe take a look at Skagen? I have one and they're all very clean stylistically.

Fashionisto
    I'd probably go with something from Hamilton, a Uniform Wares, or maybe a Christopher Ward.
    All spelling errors & missing characters brought to you courtesy of Toshiba's Satellite keyboard.

Trend Setter
    Try Larsson & Jennings

Fashionisto
    Classic Rodina automatic wrist watch OEM by Sea-Gull ST17

How about this one? Decent automatic movement made by Sea-Gull, and well under budget.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate the brands mentioned offer good quality, however the watches themselves are clunky and have too much going on for me on the watchface. I like something as clean as possible, whilst maintaining quality, hence I like the watch in my original post.

Are there any particular watches recommended that people have bought, that might challenge the one in my original post for modern style and quality?
    Think the one in your original post is stunning....

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last