FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Affordable Horn Rimmed Eyewear

Hi all, my name is Howard, I've been a reader of this forum for a while but I am a new member. I've worn glasses most of my life for comfort and have used them as an accessory to add to my clothing. I've always wanted a pair of genuine horn but they are on the pricier side. Recently I looked into manufacturing costs and found they're significantly lower than what's normally charged. I've been studying for my LSAT's but figured there might be some opportunity here and this is something that interests me much more. So I'm now trying to start my own company in order to sell them at much more affordable prices. I found a manufacturer that will use genuine Asian water buffalo horn and the highest quality hinges. I received the first sample last week, and the quality was better than expected. They feel extremely sturdy and have a certain weightlessness of horn. The first sample is sunglasses (I will hopefully post pics later today!) and I have already submitted designs for sampling of optical frames. I have posted similar threads on other mens forums but the more feedback I can get the better. I would really appreciate it if you guys can share any tips or ideas. Plus any feedback once I post the pics would be very helpful...

Fashionisto
    I'm always on the look out for new frames. One of my biggest peeves about most of the retro kind of glasses that are popular at the moment is the size of them, particularly rounder styles, they're nearly always way too big, and scream 'look at me'. I've tried loads on from many different brands, but the size tends to usually put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
    I'm always on the look out for new frames. One of my biggest peeves about most of the retro kind of glasses that are popular at the moment is the size of them, particularly rounder styles, they're nearly always way too big, and scream 'look at me'. I've tried loads on from many different brands, but the size tends to usually put me off.
    Hi, thanks for the input! Right now we are working on average sizes, like in the 50mm range for optical. But we do intend to offer all sizes. The idea behind our designs are to be more subtle, and allow the material to shine through.

Here are the pics! This design is of a medium brown with polarized lenses. Any and all feedback will be very much appreciated!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by AceK; 09-05-2014 at 08:07 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread