FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide

View Poll Results: How do you dress for work?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • City Slicker

6 31.58%
  • Creative Urbanite

6 31.58%
  • Modern Media Exec

8 42.11%
  • Professional Gadabout

4 21.05%
  • I work in my underpants

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

FashionBeans Legend

How do you dress for the office?

I was reading these two pieces earlier on office attire... - interesting to know what the beaners dress like when they go to work. Not sure that I would fall into one category entirely, but the closest to how I'd dress for the office these days would be the modern media exec (especially since I smartened up my work look this year).

So... how about you? I've made the poll multi-choice for those who fall between two or more stools.

Dressing For The Occasion: Modern Office Attire – Part One | FashionBeans

http://www.fashionbeans.com/2014/dre...tire-part-two/
    Last edited by DorianGrape; 08-05-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Style Icon
    Quite honestly everything but city slicker, underpants are hit and miss. I had to vote for 3 to cover the diversity as that is the way I dress.
    I like to mix it up and create styles from all, but you will rarely find me in a full suit.

Trend Setter
    Academic doesn't really fit into any of them. But I generally wear either smart denim/chinos/trousers, and a blazer (usually tweed) and shirt when I'm in. Pretty stereotypical academic/scholarly clothing, but then there are many who dress so casually they could be out walking their dogs. One of the perks of the job and profession, but also makes you stand out if you do make an effort.

Trend Setter
    Voted for a mix of Creative Urbanite and Modern Media Exec - the latter is when I'll give papers and work in a more professional capacity, although there really are no hard and fast rules like I say

Trend Setter
    Very much dress like the "Professional Gadabout" although not for any of the reasons they list. Just started a new job working in the management office above a warehouse. Most people dress doing the menial jobs dress in Sports Direct or wear old rags while others upstairs wear jeans with whatever. Don't want to look like I'm trying too hard so wear my field jackets with casual shirts or tees/polos with jeans or occasionally chinos. Go for shorts on sunny days. Can't really show off my footwear collection because people are a bit arsey about anyone who has or spends money so wear trainers. Tend to rotate my NBs, Air Max and Lacoste with the odd pair of casual (not too flash) shoes thrown in. Enjoy my new job but must admit I miss the people from my old place. They are generally wealthier so I felt more comfortable dressing well. Where I work now most people seem broke and I don't want to wear anything too nice and get people talking. Might sound a little pathetic, but it's reality in small redneck towns.

Style Icon
    My placement gear doesn't quite fit any either; probably closer to McCoy's 'academic'; chinos/wool trousers, oxford & gingham shirts, bow & knit ties, knitwear & blazers/smart coats.
    Possibly shading into 'Professional Gadabout' when the weather's crap and I throw on brogue boots & a bright yellow mac.
    City Slicker will have to be reserved for being a consultant some horrendous number of years down the line.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Fashionisto
    My work attire is boring. A pair of pants and a shirt. I really need to start improving my work attire.

Style Icon
    Modern media exec falls the closest for me, but with a bit more shirt + tie + knitwear than displayed in the examples. Modern media exec casual, if you wish.

I mainly wear blazers as outwear, so I usually hang it by the door when I enter the office.

Fashionisto
    Probably somewhere between creative urbanite and professional gadabout. My office has a flexible dress code however those who show up in baggy jeans and t shirts that should have been thrown out about 5yrs ago tends to put a limit on how smart you can go, which is unfortunate. If I have a meeting or attending a conference etc then its button down shirt, trousers/chinos. Bog standard office day then often its often indigo jeans, polo, lightweight cardigan.

Fashionisto
    "City Slicker" for me. Pretty easy to look half-decent with a bit of effort since so many fail spectacularly in respect of tailoring. Even in the "traditional" firms of lawyers etc, it's incredible how poorly some can dress with their giant black suits and trainers for the commute.

+ Reply to Thread