FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

v-neck jumper without shirt or tee?

Hey everyone,

Since it is getting a bit warmer I was wondering whether it is possible to wear v-neck jumpers (not a very deep v-neck, though) without any shirt or tee. I sometimes do that with crew-neck jumpers and like it, however I am not sure if this is fine with v-necks too - I'd like to avoid any faux pas ;-)

Here is an example of what I mean:

Fashionisto
    Looks fine to me Thadeus; the only thing I'd be careful of is how it exposes your physique. If you've got a classically masculine chest then it won't be a problem, but if you're more moobs and gut then a jumper by itself might not be flattering.

But a crew neck jumper would be much the same, which you say you already wear so I expect that isn't an issue.

Fashionisto
    Agreed, this can look good but I'd say only if you have the physique for it i.e. if your chest sticks out the same/or further than your gut!
    though if it's too tight, and you're a big (weight-training) kinda guy, you could be entering the realms of 'the Narcissist'.

Fashionisto
    I never thought of doing this. May pair with a sockless look to roll a super casual summer vibe.
    @eph89

+ Reply to Thread