FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

New to all of this, need some help and advice

Hi everyone!

I had a long and detailed post, but for some reason it didn't post it. So this time it will be short. I used to wear all black clothes + leather jacket, now i grew up from it and i struggle to find something for me. Can you please give me some ideas? Please no bright coloured clothes and no skinny trousers. So far i came up with this combination: dark blue jeans, white shirt, black vest, black shoes. If it helps im 23 year old, 1.68m tall, broad shoulders. Any help will be appreciated

Cheers!

I guess everyone is clueless as well

Trend Setter
    I would leave your post a while longer just to get a response, also usually your first post take a while to come through so it may not have been visible as long as you think it was. Do you mean like a black wife beater or waistcoat not really following?

Style Icon
    It's almost impossible to suggest what will suit you without seeing you, clothing is (or should be) an individual characteristic which is your platform to express your personality in some way. It's like asking someone what music they should listen to or what food they should eat.

The best place to start for new ideas is the main style guides on the main fashionbeans page, then pick out some outfits that you like the look of (even if you think they won't suit you). Make a note, the hit the shops and seek out these items or similar, try them on, and surprise yourself. If you go to somewhere like a large Topman or Asos online, you will almost always find a similar version of an item you see on the style guides. If you need an extra dose of courage, bring along a trendy mate / girlfriend / another girl to push you out of your comfort zone.

Trend Setter
    Who's style do you like? Which actors, musicians, singers, sports stars dress in a way that makes you think "nice".

Then if you are just dipping into this, try borrowing their look, or certain aspects of what they are wearing. Looking through this thread, icons range from the obvious David Beckham, Ryan Gosling to the not so obvious Ronnie Corbett and Professor Peacock.

Take a look at the What are you wearing thread. There are a lot of good dressers on here with a broad(ish) range of looks - from suited and booted, blazer and chino, jeans and 260 white pumps. All looking great.

It is a friendly place - look at the wedding attire thread from Benvolio. People are really keen to help, but help them first by giving some clues...

cheer up mate

I know it might sound strange but, i dont really look at musicians or tv stars... Ok how about different approach. What goes well with classic(?) jeans? Maybe this will help thanks

Trend Setter
    Anything but a dress shirt.

Otherwise you're hardly being helpful. No bright coloured clothes suggests you might as well stick with your previous look - dark clothes and leathers. In a word, it seems like you're looking for minimalism Men’s Minimal Style | FashionBeans

+ Reply to Thread