FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

General Sizing Question

When a brand uses the 36/38/40/42 sizing system instead of the S/M/L/XL etc which size equates best to Medium? If anyone has any experience of the sizing of Massimo Dutti that would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    James

Style Icon
    i think normally

34/36 - xs
    36/38 - s
    38/40 - m
    40/42 - l
    42/44 - xl

UK sizing. Some people would recommend sizing up, but I size down and buy slim fit.

Style Icon
    It depends on the brand but medium is normally a 38-40 chest size. If the sizes are measured by chest measurements like that, it should be a lot easier to find the right size- just measure your chest across the widest part (in inches) and go for the closest one to the measurement. If your measurement is on a half inch - say a 39.5 - go for the 40.

Fashionisto
    For massimo dutti go for a 38 if you want a slim fit. I love the massimo dutti sizing, 38 hits the sweet spot and always gives a nice slim fit that isnt to long in length and no excess material.

Obviously this is relative, but im 6ft and athletic build and find the 38 perfect if you like things to fit nice and slim. Can't recommend some of there spring/summer jumpers in a 38 fit highly enough, best fitting jumpers i've found to date.

+ Reply to Thread