FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Not sure what to wear for prom

So my prom date is wearing a peach dress and I'm not sure what color suite to wear to compliment her. I obviously dont want to go dark with the traditional black, I also feel like gray wont work. I was thinking of a Velvet Burgundy blazer . Any idea's?
    Last edited by StoicMind; 15-05-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Style Icon
    I think navy or grey would look great. Check the colour wheel out and it will give you some pointers:

Color wheel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicMind View Post
    So my prom date is wearing a peach dress and I'm not sure what color suite to wear to compliment her. I obviously dont want to go dark with the traditional black, I also feel like gray wont work. I was thinking of a Velvet Burgundy blazer . Any idea's?
    Why not black? The reason black has remained standard for men's evening dress is because it is a good neutral complement to any colour your lady companion wears.

Trend Setter
    my GF wore a peach/coral dress to a wedding recently and all her accessories were black. Looked great.

Fashionisto
    Found an example of a combination of peach dress and black evening suit for you; looks like Will Smith has a taste for more of a classic suit fit than the skinny fit most people prefer in Hollywood these days, but it doesn't at all look bad on him:

Get your tie/bowtie/pocket square to match her dress. That would be a pretty safe option, and that's what I did for my prom. Worked pretty well.

Nat

Style Icon
    Definitely NOT burgundy. Would clash terribly. Navy is a good shout if you don't want to wear black. Liking orange-y stuff with navy atm

+ Reply to Thread