FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6

Trend Setter
    I'm really not a huge fan of boat shoes. They always look kind of dorky, imo. There's so many other fantastic options out there for summer footwear, particularly espadrilles, trainers, and plimsolls.

Style Icon
    ^ I've got a couple of pairs of boat shoes but I certainly agree they aren't to everyone's taste. I think they only look good with shorts, I've seen them with trousers before and they just don't look right.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I don't know how wide your feet are!

There's some good suggestions on another recent thread for summer footwear - Superga, Maians & Rivieras.

On an aside, but not totally unrelated point, I got some Sperry invisible socks in TKMaxx a few weeks back - would definitely recommend them.
    Yeah, I think I might swap them for a pair of rivieras..

The boatshoes was part of an order I revieced from Mr. Porter yesterday.

I'm very satisfied with everything except the shoes. The Jack Purcell's feels a bit too clunky so I not sure whether I'm going to keep them or not..

I can especially reccomend the falconnable polo and the NN.07 seersucker shorts. Great fit and quality.
    Regards
    Johan

FashionBeans Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post

I'm very satisfied with everything except the shoes. The Jack Purcell's feels a bit too clunky so I not sure whether I'm going to keep them or not..
    I felt the same the first time I bought a pair. So much so, that they sat in the box unworn for about a year! Not the easiest trainers to break-in either, but I think they're worth the effort - a few wears later and you'll feel like never taking them off.

The other purchases you got are solid. The budget must be nearly blown at this stage!

Des

Style Icon
    I felt the same the first time I bought a pair. So much so, that they sat in the box unworn for about a year! Not the easiest trainers to break-in either, but I think they're worth the effort - a few wears later and you'll feel like never taking them off.

The other purchases you got are solid. The budget must be nearly blown at this stage!
    Serious? Mine have been under my bed for three years. I thought the rubber toe made them 'unbreak-inable'

JEK

Trend Setter

I'm going to return the boat shoes and I returned some stuff from Uniqlo, so I actually have a little left, but i think I'll save it for the sales. Overall I'm quite satisfied with my purchases. Think I've got a few good stables now, but there's still a long way to the point were I can feel that I can dress well every day. As it is now I simply don't have enough clothes that fit well. This is definetely a step in the right direction though.

By the way, I also got a long sleeved t-shirt from James Perse. Definetely a brand I'll come back to as they make sweatshirts that are extra long in the sleeves (as you can see below). It's very expensive though (apart from the basic tees).

Hmm, so you say it's worth the effort with the purcell's... Think I'm going to look around a bit for something else, but I'll consider keeping them if I don't find another sneaker that I like better.
    Has anyone experience with any Common Projects and/or AMI sneakers. Are they worth the money?

I really like these from AMI:
    And this stylish pair from Common Projects:

Regards
    Johan

Trend Setter
    Hey Johan, where was the Falconnable polo made please? Looked at their stuff quite a few times but not bought anything yet. If it's all made in France I'll have to order some.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Hey Johan, where was the Falconnable polo made please? Looked at their stuff quite a few times but not bought anything yet. If it's all made in France I'll have to order some.
    The one I bought is designed in France and made in China. That's their cheapest polo though... It's likely that their stuff in the higher price range is made in France as well. The quality seems great though and the fabric is soft and nice.
    Regards
    Johan

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6