FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

How many T-shirts should/do you own?

I'm in the process of doing a wardrobe clearout but find myself a bit unable to throw enough away. Especially with T-shirts, I have a lot that go into a "sort-of useful but nothing I would wear to actually look good" category.
    I think it mainly stems from the fact that I do a fair amount of various sports, so I can usually rationalize it with "oh I can just use this for sweating in", but then probably ending up using them for more than that.

This all leads me to the question posed in the title: How many t-shirts/undershirts should you have in your wardrobe for daily wear and going out? (And maybe also, how many separate workout ones do you have?)

PS: I could add that I'm a mid-twenties student, so for me it's not just a case of having a few whites+blacks to go under a business type outfit.
    Last edited by rusty; 21-05-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Trend Setter
    I have around 25 t-shirts, which I would consider my day-to-day tees. I have a bunch of black/grey/white staples, mixed in with some bolder colours from American Apparel, and 3 polo's from Hilfiger.

I have a bunch of logo'd tees from Supreme Being, Levi's and adidas, which I only really wear around the house..

I wear sleeveless tees for basketball and running, which I haven't counted. (around 8, all from Nike's "Dri Fit" range)

I'm going to assume this is the "norm" for this forum, despite the number above looking 'high'

Fashionisto
    About 15? All bought from Uniqlo in one sitting.

Fashionisto
    Just had a count up and not including ones in the wash, I have 29 tees. So I probably have 32-33 in total.

Got quite a large batch that I wear for work/gym/football so they're pretty irrelevant (these include a few shit A&F and Hollister ones).

Then I've got my undershirts that I like to stick under a jacket or a shirt. A few AllSaints and American Apparel pieces in there.

Then I have my 'nice' tees, that'll wear on my casual/summery outings.

Fashionisto
    Around 15 with the majority American Apparel and a few each by All Saints and Zara

Fashionisto
    I'm sure it would be possible to get away with 10-15. A clutch of neutrals and a few polos and bolder colours.

No judgement though, I've got at least 40.

Fashionisto
    Ahem I've got about 4-500...

I got addicted to buying them a while back, though mainly wear about 30 of them. I'd say it depends on how you like to dress and what you wear really, but somewhere between 10 and 30 is probably a good number.

Quote Originally Posted by Simwells View Post
    Ahem I've got about 4-500...
    Whaaaat!

Around 15-20 for me, mostly from American Apparel, few Hanes ones (off Amazon) which are brilliant for the price.

Trend Setter
    Loads because of that awesome American Apparel deal a month or two ago. I tend to wear one every day now, especially as I'm around the house so much. They're lovely too.

I have a couple of printed ones too - one watercolour one from Topman which is very summery, a grey floral one from Topman, and some plain ones I bought like 3 years ago from Burton (still in good nick).

Style Icon
    I've only got 4! 2 plain and 2 patterned. Time for a trip to the shops!

+ Reply to Thread