FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Weekday yellow bomber jacket

What do you lot think about this bomber jacket? It's pretty bold so don't know if I could pull it off but what do you reckon with just a plain tee and dark jeans?

imo the best color to wear with yellow is blue (especially navy blue/raw denim jeans). try navy jeans/chinos and a blue a oxford or a breton tee/jumper and white chucks like this guy: STREET ETIQUETTE

i'm also thinking about getting a nice yellow rain coat

It's cool, but it won't be that versatile and if you have doubts about it it's prob not for you

Style Icon
    It's a yay from me, love my yellow raincoat.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Des

Style Icon
    I can imagine it in a well produced lookbook, where the guy has a floppy fringe, colourful shades, rolled sleeves sitting on a yacht.. In reality it might look a bit Fun House

Style Icon
    It's more of a statement jacket than an every day jacket. I like it, I probably wouldn't wear it, but it on the right person, with the right outfit, it could look cool.

Style Icon
    I think it looks great, would actually work well with lots of coloured jeans (black, indigo, grey, white, green etc) if backed with a plain t shirt.

Trend Setter
    It'll definitely set you apart. I personally love yellow, and I've found myself wearing it more and more. How much does it cost? If you already own a standard bomber you could easily stretch to having this bold one.

IMO men generally don't wear or accept strong colours, when that street etiquette lookbook above (with the breton and navy cargos) shows it's an awesome colour.

So if you're comfortable with all of that: go for it.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I went for it, so maybe I'll stick up a photo when it arrives. It was 43 plus 6 delivery. Yeah that look on Street Etiquette is good. Could imagine someone on Hel Looks wearing something like the yellow bomber too.

+ Reply to Thread