FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Rolled up sleeves on blazer

What do you think about rolled up sleeves on blazer? Is it o.k?

Fashionisto
    It looks really contrived to me, logic says you would just take it off if it was warm, but to each their own.

JEK

Trend Setter
    Welcome to the forum, Tommy7. I don't think it looks good in that picture. If you are going to roll the sleeves on a blazer I think it only should be done if it has surgeon cuffs and absolutely not rolled up to over the elbows like in the picture.
    Regards
    Johan

Nat

Style Icon
    I think it can work, but it's not the easiest to pull off, to avoid looking all miami vice. I'm not a fan of the above picture really, though the guy is doing his thing so that's cool.

I reckon it works best with a casual unstructured blazer. If it's got working cuffs, then try layering over a denim or chambray shirt, undo both sets of buttons, and fold over. Maybe try it just a few inches up the forearm at first? Kinda like this...

.[IMG][/IMG]

Trend Setter
    If you want to look like One Direction, great, otherwise no

Style Icon
    Lookwise, it can work. But it's quite a tricky one to pull off. The example pic is a splendid example of exactly how not to do it.

But, as Onemanarmy hinted, rolled up blazer sleeves sort of fall into the same weird category as the shorts suit - if it's so hot you require shorts/need to roll up your jacket sleeves, where's the sense in wearing a jacket?

+ Reply to Thread