FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Sock colour question for wedding

Hi fellow FBers!

I'm going to a wedding this weekend, I've got a lovely lightish grey suit from SuitSupply, white shirt, navy tie, burgundy pocket square with a navy paisley pattern, and tan brogues and belt.

What colour socks should I wear? More worried about being too 'matchy matchy' than making a statement! I've got most colour socks.

Suggestions?

Style Icon
    If you've got grey trousers and tan brogues it will need to be a colour that sits well along side both of these. You can either do the classic and wear grey socks that match the trouser colour (Mathis is traditional sock matching) or wear a colour that complements the shoes, such as:

Burgundy
    A light to mid blue
    Mustard

Fashionisto
    Ah I have both light blue and mustard socks, so I'll try each and see which works best, thanks!

I feel you should try light blue. It will match your outfit.
    If that doesn't work you can go with mustard colored socks.

Hey if I could cheekily hijack this post.

These ideas for sock colours sound grand. I've got a blue suit for my wedding and brown brogue shoes (with a pink tie). Any tips on socks. It's a wedding in a barn so not too formal.

Cheers!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashmore View Post
    Hey if I could cheekily hijack this post.

These ideas for sock colours sound grand. I've got a blue suit for my wedding and brown brogue shoes (with a pink tie). Any tips on socks. It's a wedding in a barn so not too formal.

Cheers!
    If you've already got three bright colours going on in a (fairly) formal outfit, I wouldn't add to them - do you have some socks which would match either your shoes or your trousers?

+ Reply to Thread