FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Thread suggestion - 'The Summer Event Thread'

...or words to that effect. My thinking is that it's the time of year where people are attending weddings, balls, dances, proms etc etc and there have been a number of threads popping up recently asking similar questions. These include, but are not limited to: what colour of suit should I buy? What socks should I wear with said suit? What pocket square matches this tie or shirt etc.

If admin agree and fancy making this a sticky thread, fellow members could try and answer all these questions in an economical way and a way that is appropriate for summer, as opposed to the more general 'what should I wear' thread.

If people could also post pictures of items they have bought/are planning to buy, then I think the thread will really come to life and people may be inspired to make their own purchases.

Style Icon
    Sounds good to me - I'm sure many of us will be hitting the weddings and smart dress parties this summer!

Style Icon
    It's a good suggestion, and I'm not against, but I feel the sticky threads are starting to pile up.

Style Icon
    I would prefer an image and link only thread where people would post things they think are worth buying in general. Almost like a catalogue of the essentials. Comments are great, but that can make for a lengthy thread if you dont keep up. I like to browse things to buy.

Maybe an essentials only list? or you create a poll first to request an item to be added, depending on the reaction depends on whether your item gets added and the thread is locked to standard users? This will require moderators to add the link though and could be work at first.

Trend Setter
    ^ Name it the "Should I Buy This?" Thread

FashionBeans Legend
    .. or you could just start a thread about it?!

Trend Setter
    @DG aye but I wouldn't want it getting swallowed up with the rest of the similar threads. @MarcLager I agree about the stickies, but I feel the same about standard threads that seem to pose questions that are answered one day then asked again a few later. Not saying it has to be a permanent fixture.

Des

Style Icon
    A Yay or Nay sticky would be cool.
    I think a lot of those new threads have different requirements for different types. "I'm like this style but don't suggest that.." "I'm yay tall and this age so don't want to be seen in this.."

People don't use the Search function enough though which is actually quite good and basic, especially the one on the main site

EDIT: Plus would everyone use the proposed sticky
    http://www.fashionbeans.com/forums/g...what-wear.html

Last edited by Des; 10-06-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    A Yay or Nay sticky would be cool.
    I think a lot of those new threads have different requirements for different types. "I'm like this style but don't suggest that.." "I'm yay tall and this age so don't want to be seen in this.."

People don't use the Search function enough though which is actually quite good and basic, especially the one on the main site

EDIT: Plus would everyone use the proposed sticky
    http://www.fashionbeans.com/forums/g...what-wear.html

There's already a 'What to wear with this' thread that seems to have all but died a death, probably because people just post their questions without looking. It's almost like a beginners thread, which isn't a bad thing because everyone starts somewhere. Was looking to have something more themed for the season, to stop the pile up of similar threads. Don't think there would be much that couldn't be answered in that respect, but people actually noticing it might become the problem.

Trend Setter
    Too many sticky threads stops this forum being a forum and it just becomes a text based extension of the website.

+ Reply to Thread