FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

What to wear with...

this shorts I got:

on my last vacation I found the attached shorts. The fabric is really classy; thick, soft and significant.
    However, I struggle with how to wear them.

I already have Chuck Taylor'esque shoes in white and coincidentaly also in a (pants-) matching blue:

Besides that I only have color-corresponding T-Shirts. But I don't thing those shorts should be worn with T-Shirts but buttoned shirts, hm?

I'd spontaneously say: I'd need a white shirt. Right?

- But should it be short or long sleeve?
    - Tucked in or left out?
    - Patterned or plain. I can't imagine a pattern that goes smoothly with the above print, I therefore would go on plain white, no?

I hope you don't hate the shorts due to its printing and refuse helping me :-)

What shoes, accessories, top, etc. would you guys recommend? I can't wait :-)

Unfortunately my fashion sense is a bid crippled since I only just learned to take care about the way to dress myself a few ys ago, when I was living in England. Before that I just put on a xl statement shirt (too big) and a pair of worn out jeans (not too good fitting either) and pair it with sneakers. -.-

Style Icon
    You could wear a t-shirt with those shorts. However, if you're after a shirt, I'd go with white, a very lightweight material and in a grandad shirt style, sleeves rolled up, collar open, untucked.

Would recommend COS for this.

Hey Dorian,

thx for your reply.

So you think that trousers would work with a t-shirt or polo shirt, too?

What does COS mean?

Style Icon
    A nice ecru / cream tee shirt or polo would look nice! Tucked out but needs to be well fitted

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Miru8112 View Post
    Hey Dorian,

thx for your reply.

So you think that trousers would work with a t-shirt or polo shirt, too?

What does COS mean?
    I suspect this is the COS you're looking for.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by vincebowdren View Post
    That's the one!

I have to say - that as much as I like some of the stuff I've ordered from COS - they are horrendously slow on processing returns and refunds. Not the quickest on delivery either - an order from JCrew (put in on the same day) arrived before a COS one. I sent both back on the same day. JCrew refunded within 2 weeks, COS still haven't processed the refund. That was well over 4 weeks ago.

It's not the money that bothers me, but the fact that a company based in Europe is slower at delivering and returns processing than a company based halfway around the world. COS also charge 4 for returns... again, it's not the cost that's an issue, just the principal of it, especially as they also charge for delivery.

In short - nice clothes, shit customer service.

+ Reply to Thread