FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

T-Shirt shoulder fit problem

I have ordered tshirts from several places online (cheap and not so cheap), including Gap, All Saints, BR, Asos...lots of other, and I come up against this fit problem 99% of the time. The shoulders stick out, like there is too much material at the top shoulder seam. Attached are a couple of photos to show what I mean.

Some places are fine - Uniqlo and Levis for example. So, is it a cut problem, or is it something that would resolve itself once they were washed? I always send them back, so I'm not sure.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm just shaped a bit strange. I consider myself to have a decent enough athletic physique, so it's not like my shoulders are too small to fill the space. I would need to be shaped like Spongebob to fill the shape some of them are.

Cheers

Fashionisto
    Actually it looks like the t shirt is just too small - I often have the same issue, the t shirt is being pulled tighter in other areas which means it won't sit flat on the shoulders. If you look at where your shoulder ends it comes out much further than where that seam is. I think the problem is, is that a lot of these brands cater to slim teenage boys, not people with a bit of muscle on them.

For me it's a pain in the arse because if I size up I don't get the slim fit I want, plus I'm only about 5"9 so they often end up too long. The only option I've found it to try and look for slim fit t shirts and then size up - or throw it in the dryer for a while to try and shrink a larger size down a bit.

Given how many more people are into working out these days, I'm surprised that more brands aren't taking this into account. I have the same issues trying to buy shirts, my neck to waist ratio is obviously not the norm!

Could be caused by your hangers, I've got a few that do this to my T shirts.

Des

Trend Setter
    My neck hurts but the first pic is definitely the cause of a hanger. Weird if you're buying online.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by RickySpanish View Post
    Could be caused by your hangers, I've got a few that do this to my T shirts.
    You hang your tee shirts?!

The majority, yes.

Haha, sorry about the angle of the photo guys. So yeah, all the tshirts are unpacked from their wrapper, yet are still like this. Do you think they have simply been hung up at the factory, until getting packed? Also, does this mean, after a wash, they would be ok, or is the disfigurement permanent?

@Onemanarmy - yeah, you could be right about this being a little too small, but I have also come across the issue on shirts that definitely weren't :/

Cheers

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by davemac View Post
    Haha, sorry about the angle of the photo guys. So yeah, all the tshirts are unpacked from their wrapper, yet are still like this. Do you think they have simply been hung up at the factory, until getting packed? Also, does this mean, after a wash, they would be ok, or is the disfigurement permanent?

@Onemanarmy - yeah, you could be right about this being a little too small, but I have also come across the issue on shirts that definitely weren't :/

Cheers
    It'll come out after a wash but sod that. Return it and tell them why. It would only have got that bad of a crease if a) it was hanging for a VERY long time with a Mothercare hanger or b) it was wet

+ Reply to Thread