FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide

View Poll Results: The most trainery X samrt casually award goes to....

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • ICA

5 11.11%
  • TKFur

1 2.22%
  • Sam1234

0 0%
  • Robertnl

11 24.44%
  • Creed

7 15.56%
  • Joshua

10 22.22%
  • Ukalec

3 6.67%
  • Dorian Grape

7 15.56%
  • Mr Bond

1 2.22%
  • Jade Manalac

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Robert NL took it for me this time - really liked the way the aesthetics worked together
    Thanks ICA. I'd pick Grape, because I really like the All Stars (I'm a little obsessed with All Stars lately) matching the Blazer and jeans. Also I think the look is just what smart/casual is, like Ukalec said.

Des

Style Icon
    I like the robertnl's idea and he may have nailed it with some running shoes. But there's something not quite right with the neck of the sweatshirt paired with the shirt collar.

Trying to imagine Joshua's with a blackberry camera and busy background but nope its still good.

I go for Creed though. Nice to scroll down and see the surprise footwear. It works.

Style Icon
    Some very nice comments in here.

I went for Dorian, it's an interesting observation for me because not only do I like the outfit, but it also suits his face (if that makes sense)! I wonder if the outfits we all post would look any 'different' if we could all see what each other looks like?!

Some really nice alternative outfits in this thread.

Fashionisto
    Another vote for Creed; the outfit is deceptively natural looking, but the more I think about the more impressed I am at how it works, despite a set of clothes which - if I had just been told about them and couldn't see them together - I would have been very sceptical about*: navy suit jacket with yellow jeans and matching handkerchief? Yellow jeans with a brown belt and white converse boots? And yet, the ensemble comes together very elegantly without anything looking out of place.

* Clearly I have a lot to learn yet…

Style Icon
    Maybe I'm being a bit of a stickler here, but I find a lack of smart in the looks. I didn't partake this time, because I lack sneakers. I really need to get me a couple of pairs. The only sneakers I have are my running shoes and a five year old pair of Converse Chuck Taylor. I may not be a sneaker head, but that's just too few no matter how you look at it!

I like Sam1234's look, though a bit hard to make out. Creed is always a contender, though perhaps going a bit too smart for smart casual. Ukalec's got a good look in, as well. JadeManalac's got a good look going, imo.

My vote's for Dorian this time though. Neckerchiefs are hard to nail.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    perhaps going a bit too smart for smart casua

The challenge was trainers X smart / smart casual tbf

Obviously that's a very broad spectrum but the main thing I wanted to see was the contrast & clash of styles, and there are various ways to achieve that.

Put Creed's sneaks with my fit, for example, and there is no style clash there. Put them with a blazer, however, and the contrast becomes apparent. It's a thin line to walk and get it right, and I think everyone smashed it really, so well done lads.

Fashionisto
    Was torn between Robertnl and Creed. Both strong contenders, but went for Robertnl in the end, purely because this is more of the look I would wear.

Some nice comments all round, especially good to see more people getting involved. I went for ICA as it's a look I'd personally wear myself, especially with the Belstaff jacket. I was initially going to go far smarter for the look, but decided to go more casual after ICA's first look dictated a more casual vibe for the challenge.

As the challenge theme grows, it would be cool if Ben (the forum & site owner) did a feature on the actual website as a bit of a real men tries the latest trends sort of thing. I think people would appreciate seeing how real guys implement trends derived from the catwalk.

Good work on this one fellas, will be looking to get involved in the next challenge.

Would like to see some fits for 'high summer' (if we ever get one ), would be interesting to see how others cope with nailing the minimalistic looks.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    As the challenge theme grows, it would be cool if Ben (the forum & site owner) did a feature on the actual website as a bit of a real men tries the latest trends sort of thing. I think people would appreciate seeing how real guys implement trends derived from the catwalk.
    Great shout, think this is a really good idea and would probably see the forums grow quite a bit.

Went for Robertnl because I think it nailed the smart/casual vibe but like ICA said all this month's entries were solid. Well done guys.

+ Reply to Thread