FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    ^splendid Ivan, 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Looking good, think you'll be getting my vote again.
    Cheers lads! <3

Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Wow, having a relaxed summer outfit called "sloppy", I must really have offended you! No worries, though, comments are always welcome - otherwise I wouldn't post. I agree with the shorts now that you point it out. Will definitely try to give them a roll next time I wear them. I'm not sure how footwear could get much slimmer than a pair of Fred Perry plimsols, but perhaps they look bigger in the picture.

Then again, casual summer looks is far from my forte, so I'm sure there's truth to your pointers.
    Not at all, maybe it's just me being fussy. Definitely think a roll or two will help with the look of the shorts. True about the shoes, maybe it's just the perspective of the photo. I hate summer fashion, I always find it difficult to make it more interesting than shorts and tee whilst keeping cool. Overall good look mate, just trying to help people improve .

Trend Setter
    Got an entry. Quickly thrown together but typical of what I will be wearing.

Scarf: French Connection
    Breton: Uniqlo
    Shorts: River Island
    Socks: Topman, with fox print
    Shoes: Converse Jack Purcells in white canvas

Taken with iPhone 5c

FashionBeans Legend
    I like the outfit McCoy, but I'd definitely lose the socks.

The JPs look good - bought the same pair myself, but sent them back. I just can't get my head around wearing white trainers... I ordered about 5 pairs this summer, tried them on, thought .. "Nah".. and sent them back. Must be a mental block or something.

I must get a few pics over the weekend to enter this challenge before the month runs out.. I can't believe it's nearly the end of July already.

Trend Setter
    Cheers, DozzaG.As I've said before, eczema scarred ankles = socks. Body confidence. So yeah, that's my reasoning. At least a print makes it a bit less touristy and more youthful.Think this is the first pair of white trainers i've owned that weren't for playing sport at school, where we were required to wear white trainers with as little other colouring on as possible. I had a pretty loathsome pair, which had blue stripes a little bit like Adidas ones. Think they were Donnay, Le Coq Sportif or some brand like that. Tbf with the current fashion, I reckon i could have been kitted out well easily for that with the innumerable choices around atm.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I like the outfit McCoy, but I'd definitely lose the socks.

The JPs look good - bought the same pair myself, but sent them back. I just can't get my head around wearing white trainers... I ordered about 5 pairs this summer, tried them on, thought .. "Nah".. and sent them back. Must be a mental block or something.

I must get a few pics over the weekend to enter this challenge before the month runs out.. I can't believe it's nearly the end of July already.
    There's an incredible amount of love for all variants of JP's on this forum, I think they're fucking howling.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    There's an incredible amount of love for all variants of JP's on this forum, I think they're fucking howling.
    You tried them on before? They're versatile, simple (but not under-designed) and cheap.

Trend Setter
    Honestly can't see what's divisive about them other than their supposed ubiquity, and I can't even think of a time I saw a pair in the past, all you see is Chuck Taylors.

Trend Setter
    Call it my taste but I really don't like them. Plain white CT's achieve the clean aesthetic in a much more graceful way. To answer your question Joshua no I haven't tried them on, as I wouldn't wear them. The black section on the toecap is a particular bugbear.

As for their omnipresence, I was talking about on this forum as opposed to being worn by the general public. Them being comparitively rare is a blessing in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    Plain white CT's achieve the clean aesthetic in a much more graceful way.
    Assuming you mean CP's here

I doubt there's anyone who would choose Purcell over CP

But CP are literally 10 times the price

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last