FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Cheers, DozzaG.As I've said before, eczema scarred ankles = socks.
    I see. My little girl has eczema - it's not as bad as it used to be but last summer was a nightmare as I couldn't put her in short sleeves or dresses without tights as she'd scratch herself to bits.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I hate summer fashion, I always find it difficult to make it more interesting than shorts and tee whilst keeping cool.
    Same for me. I need to get a proper summer wardrobe, though I've finally got something that works at least slightly. Because I wasn't a fan of summer fashion, I never bought anything for summer - for years! So I ended up boiling in jeans, or wearing horrible sports shorts. Got at least a little more class in there now, but somehow, stinginess always gets the best of me when shopping for summer wear.

Trend Setter
    @ICA I think he meant he prefer chuck taylors over jack purcells. The black toe bit annoyed me at first too but I've grown to really love them, don't wear much else these days.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    Call it my taste but I really don't like them. Plain white CT's achieve the clean aesthetic in a much more graceful way. To answer your question Joshua no I haven't tried them on, as I wouldn't wear them. The black section on the toecap is a particular bugbear.

As for their omnipresence, I was talking about on this forum as opposed to being worn by the general public. Them being comparitively rare is a blessing in my book.
    Aesthetically I agree. The monochrome CTs look a lot better if we're talking simplicity. The appeal of the JPs are that they're a little comfier, have a bits of detail that set you apart, and that you can't buy them in Schuh i.e. The main bit of the highstreet.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
    @ICA I think he meant he prefer chuck taylors over jack purcells. The black toe bit annoyed me at first too but I've grown to really love them, don't wear much else these days.
    Yup. I just think they're quite clunky, but if you pull them off then power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
    Seen, that makes much more sense. Allow me.

Never liked Chucks at all tbh.

Trend Setter
    No-one I know had heard of Jack Purcell so the first few comments I endured from people were that they were cheap knock off chucks

Trend Setter

Been meaning to enter for ages.

Vintage cricket jumper
    Villain shirt
    Asos shorts
    Poste loafers
    Mango shades

Des

Trend Setter
    For the purposes of a competition thats a great outfit.
    But please tell me you lost the jumper IRL. Wasn't it like.. almost 30 degress in the capital today?

Trend Setter
    Thing is mate, I wouldn't be alive if I'd taken anymore photos because I would have melted. I'd take it with me if I was going out for a night at the pub.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last