FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

Kooples jeans sizes

The blooming French and their metric clothes measurements have me totally confused. I want to order some jeans from Kooples, so I'd measured myself in centimetres. I've an 82cm waist, 96cm on the hips (using a builders tape.. not the most accurate I know, but fuck it).

I checked on their size guide chart and according to these measurements, they recommend either a size 28 or 29. "Which is it - a 28 or 29?", I thought, so I emailed their customer service to see what they would say. They recommended that I buy a size 30.

Makes no sense to me. I'm lost.

I always buy 32" regular in jeans. Anybody got any experience with their denim?

Fashionisto
    I feel strongly about the metric system too! I found I had to size down a bit for kooples. I'm usually a 30' in all saints and a 28 in kooples. I also found that they did stretch a bit afterwards.

If you want their skinnier style, make sure to go for the 'fitted' style rather than 'regular' of course. Good quality, though for the money that you'd pay full price, I'd rather get a pair of nudies or all saints.

Style Icon
    Cheers DM. By what you are saying, it sounds like they were right in customer service - a 30 is probably the right fit for me.

I like the look of their black jeans - was thinking of getting another pair of AS ones, but thought I'd try Kooples for something different. I've never tried Nudies. Would be nice to have the luxury of having shops like these close by.

I've only just recently discovered that Kooples exists - another downside of living where I do. I really like the look of their Autumn / Winter collection - their coats, shirts, knits & blazers all look really cool.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Cheers DM. By what you are saying, it sounds like they were right in customer service - a 30 is probably the right fit for me.

I like the look of their black jeans - was thinking of getting another pair of AS ones, but thought I'd try Kooples for something different. I've never tried Nudies. Would be nice to have the luxury of having shops like these close by.

I've only just recently discovered that Kooples exists - another downside of living where I do. I really like the look of their Autumn / Winter collection - their coats, shirts, knits & blazers all look really cool.
    Kooples is a pretty cool brand. Being a big music and pop culture fan, I'm glad that the Kooples considers different subcultures from the past 50 years or so (from rockabilly to 80s college rock styles) and unifies them into something pretty distinct. I know a fair bit about them, as a former girlfriend worked for them.

If you're after a pair of black jeans, I'd personally suggest some Nudie tight long johns or tube toms over them, but that's just my opinion (Nudie's online fit guide is excellent and will give you a good idea of sizes).

Style Icon
    I can't believe that I've missed Kooples all these years - never once entered my radar. I'll be hitting them big-time though this autumn. Already have my eye on a few pieces.

I had a peek at Nudies a few weeks back but didn't pay much heed. Will definitely give them another look.

+ Reply to Thread