7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pair 1 (black)

4 57.14%
  • Pair 2 (silver)

3 42.86%
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Opinion on sunglasses

I've just bought my first pair of sunglasses since breaking some about 6 years ago and I'm looking for opinions on their fit and style.

Overall I like both but I'm not sure if pair 1 are too square or pair 2 are too wide. Of course if there is a pair even better, I'd look at those too.

My hair isn't "styled" in these pictures, but I don't think it will make much difference... wavy/curly hair.

Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tci8ce0qa...sunglasses.jpg

Fashionisto
    Both look fine - they both suit your face shape.
    All spelling errors & missing characters brought to you courtesy of Toshiba's Satellite keyboard.

Style Icon
    The bridge on the black ones looks too narrow for your nose and the silver ones (as you indicated yourself) are definitely too wide for your face. Shape-wise, both frames suit you, but neither are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    The bridge on the black ones looks too narrow for your nose and the silver ones (as you indicated yourself) are definitely too wide for your face. Shape-wise, both frames suit you, but neither are perfect.
    I agree, and I have a larger than average nose so the black glasses probably don't help.

These are less wide frames with a larger bridge : Ray-Ban 3016 Clubmaster Sunglasses : 3016 Clubmaster Black W0365 Large 51mm : UK

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by youngdesigner View Post
    I agree, and I have a larger than average nose so the black glasses probably don't help.

These are less wide frames with a larger bridge : Ray-Ban 3016 Clubmaster Sunglasses : 3016 Clubmaster Black W0365 Large 51mm : UK
    The top of my nose is wide, so I always go for a wider bridge with nose pads so I can adjust them. I tend to steer clear of glasses without nose pads for that reason.

Those frames are pretty nice - if I were you, I'd get them direct from Ray-Ban as you can customise them to your own tastes & requirements.

Ray-Ban Sunglasses - Collection Sun - RB3016 - 1128/71 - CLUBMASTER | Official Ray-Ban Web Site - Ireland

Just had a mess around with the app. It's pretty cool. These are the design I'd go for if I was picking those frames for myself - the polarised lenses cost a bit more, but I'd definitely pay the extra for them.

Des

Trend Setter
    The left pair look better at first glance but then realised the arms are sitting about 2 miles above your ears.

What do we think about these ones? Ray-ban round, 5th pair I've tried. The bridge is a lot better although I'm wearing them a little too high in this image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qapjcgc82qw2v7i/new.jpg

Trend Setter
    What do we think about these ones? Ray-ban round, 5th pair I've tried. The bridge is a lot better although I'm wearing them a little too high in this image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qapjcgc82qw2v7i/new.jpg
    Nice glasses! I think it looks good! What model are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    Nice glasses! I think it looks good! What model are those?
    I bought them from ASOS, however they are out of stock now: Ray-Ban | Ray-Ban Round Sunglasses at ASOS

Model RB3447 Ray-Ban Sunglasses - Collection Sun - RB3447 - 029 - ROUND METAL | Official Ray-Ban Web Site - UK
    Last edited by youngdesigner; 11-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Style Icon
    Nice frames. The fit is perfect - a good shape for your face too.

I'm not a massive fan of mirrored lenses though - I just don't like sunglasses that totally block out the eyes, but that's just a personal thing. The shades look good.

+ Reply to Thread