FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Uniqlo sizing

I'm reading lots of mixed reports on Uniqlo sizing, I'm wanting to but some t shirts and shirts, but not sure whether to go with Small or Medium. I'm a 39" chest, 28" waist and 5ft 9 on a good day! I don't want skin tight, but not baggy either. It's not really practical for me to go to a store any time soon to try stuff on.

Thanks

Des

Trend Setter
    Order both sizes.
    Then Collect+....

Fashionisto
    Well yeah there is that, though I was looking to order a few bits, I'm just trying to avoid the hassle of ordering like ten t shirts and 6 shirts etc.

Nat

Style Icon
    I would say they fit pretty much true to size. Maybe a tiny bit small? I'm 6ft, 40/41" chest, 32" waist, and M fit me pretty snugly. So I would say go small.

But as Des says, if they do Collect+, then order both.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
    Well yeah there is that, though I was looking to order a few bits, I'm just trying to avoid the hassle of ordering like ten t shirts and 6 shirts etc.
    Nah. Its only a hassle if you make multiple orders so it will be just one big tonk bag.
    The only problem with Uniqlo is that they tend to cut off some of the order number from the return slip, and with no description its difficult to tick which item you're actually returning.
    As it happens, I'm a Small in their shirts, Extra Small in their tees and polos, 28 in jeans and Small in their shorts. Medium in Sweatshirts

Style Icon
    I would be a similar size to you Onemanarmy - I got some tees from Unliqo recently in medium and they were too big. I wasn't particularly mad about the cut of them, so I never changed them but I'd order the small size if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I'm 6ft, 40/41" chest, 32" waist, and M fit me pretty snugly. So I would say go small.
    Same here

OP, you need to order small

Fashionisto
    Ok, thanks for the advice guys.

Fashionisto
    I'm almost exactly the same size as the OP and small fits perfect. Uniqlo come up quite big I find, especially their t shirts which I've got some in XS and Small, although like Dorian, not mad on the cut of the t shirts but for the price they're OK. The Oxford shirts, chinos and shorts all very good though.

Fashionisto
    What's not to like about the cut of the t shirts?

+ Reply to Thread