FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

London suit alterations

Evening chaps,

It's my wedding in a few weeks (cripes) and I've had a suit from Reiss which has been altered. I'm still not happy with the fit of the trousers (bit weird in the crotch area). Does anyone have any recommendations for places that do good alterations for suits (it's only going to be the trousers - the jacket looks ace!).

Thanks chaps.

Style Icon
    The Reiss trousers this season are just like that, kind of cave in at the crutch like there is too much material. Your Tailor will probably end up saying nothing can be done, either because the work is too extensive or it really cannot be done. It is more a manufacturer fault.
    I did try releasing a few stitches, but that did not work, maybe a little but nothing really noticable. Dont waste your money trying to get them altered. Nothing can be done.

In all honesty, I still kept mine. Can I ask what model suit you got?

It is hard to find a perfect alter of the suits.

Oh dear. That's not the answers I was hoping for!

Turns out the tailors for Reiss didn't bother following the instructions on my trouser and taking the material out (they probably couldn't understand how a man could have legs that puny!).

I went for the Reiss Granville three piece suit. It looks excellent up top. Just need to nail the bottom half. They've pinned it again so hopefully it gets sorted this time.

+ Reply to Thread