FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Being raw doesn't mean they'll fade faster, yes they will fade as any pair of jeans will but not more so just because they're unwashed. If you want to avoid fading for as long as possible you'll have to go overdyed though.

Smarter jeans end I do like APC and Reiss usually have at least one good pair, I'd hesitate from Nudies because they do fade very fast and generally are very casual with the detailing.

Trend Setter
    Reiss is a good call. These are on sale for 35. Jay Navy Raw Denim Jeans - REISS
    Tempted to try them myself. Wish there was a bit more detail about rise, leg width etc though.

Trend Setter
    Thanks guys. APC and Reiss are on the list to check out now.

Des

Style Icon
    I'm not really feeling APC or any raw or selvedge for smart. Mainly because I don't like rolls with smart shoes and blazers and it would be criminal to hem so that they sit nicely on your brogues. Secondly the shape and colour will alter so much with use that they'll quickly be resigned to casual only.

If you're near a Uniqlo I highly recommend something like these navy
    MEN Skinny Fit Tapered Jeans *-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Bring your brogues and monks along to the store and they'll adjust the length FOC. The quality isn't bad at all despite the price and I actually get more versatility and use out of these than my Petit Standards that cost 100 more

Trend Setter
    Looking at those Reiss jeans, the fit seems slim enough but I'm a bit sceptical of the rise of them when looking at the pictures. They are better than the others I have seen in a similar slim fit though.
    Des, I had been looking at the uniqlo ones- couldn't decide if they would be too skinny for a more formal environment since I've only checked them out online. Shame I don't have a store nearby- free alterations sound good!

Des

Style Icon
    Depends on one's definition of Skinny but I'd say the pic below is quite accurate for fit

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simwells View Post
    Being raw doesn't mean they'll fade faster, yes they will fade as any pair of jeans will but not more so just because they're unwashed. If you want to avoid fading for as long as possible you'll have to go overdyed though.

Smarter jeans end I do like APC and Reiss usually have at least one good pair, I'd hesi
    APCs are generally recommended as the first pair of jeans for people looking to get into raw denim because they fade a lot more than other brands.

Found these while browsing the sales:

Tiger of Sweden Jeans Sharp midnight blue jeans W42204030Z 209 - Housut Zoovillage

Not too many sizes left, but tiger jeans are considered as some of the best value at least in Scandinavia. The Sharp fit is also spot on for smart casual imo. Oh, and they're washed so minimal to no fading expected even in the long run.

+ Reply to Thread