FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    Des

Style Icon

Reebok Classics - Yay or Nay

I'm after a clean non-bulky leather white trainer, which will see me out with shorts and joggers in the sun and then rain.. Ones that I don't mind creasing up from driving or getting damaged from beach pebbles
    Preferably with sufficient lining as my feet sweat like a mofo. The reebok range is actually perfect.

Justified revival? Or is the chav/scum/banter/townie boy association still too strong and will never die?

Style Icon
    You know what, they dont look too bad. But I still feel a strong stigma attached too these. Personally, I would probably go for something else.

Trend Setter
    Don't see many about these days.

I'd definitely wear them.

Des

Style Icon
    I know they're not strictly Classics but they were similar era and would probably have that same stigma.

Trend Setter
    In my eyes there's my appealing designs out there, but my answer would: wear them if you want to. If Bucket Hats are suddenly high fashion, why not 'revive' these? You may be a mini-trend setter.

I can see them with a sweatshirt and jeans combo maybe.

These have been in fashion for a minute tbh

Check for the Reebok X Palace collab if you want something a little more up to date

Des

Style Icon
    Cheers guys.
    Tried em on today and opted against in the end. Would've liked to have rocked them with some skinnies and a vintage sweat but with the basic wares of reg sweatpants, shorts and plain tees I couldn't update them.
    That might say more about my current chillax style though.

Trend Setter
    Defo too associated with the Essex boy look. Shame because they're cool trainers. they should bring back the Rbk Pumps, now we're talking.

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonGer View Post
    Defo too associated with the Essex boy look. Shame because they're cool trainers. they should bring back the Rbk Pumps, now we're talking.
    I believe they already did, along with Puma Disc. I think most trainers have had a re-release at some point but they're like boybands trying to reform. Take That and Barlow's got the talent to be relevant again but 5ive and Blue should give it up and remain in the past

Trend Setter
    A mate of mine who lives in Japan just had an orgasm on facebook because he managed to get a hold of some Puma discs. He's teasing, though at this point and has only shown the box...

As for the Reeboks in the pictures, with the rubberised bit on the sole. I tried some on today and they looked a bit naff to be honest. Way better kicks out there. Forget about them.

+ Reply to Thread