FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Can I pull off the trench coat?

Hey guys, apologies in advance if I posted in the wrong section, I'm new to this forum. Anyway, today I picked up this trench coat second hand for 15 bucks (it's boston fine tailoring) i've put a link to a photo of me wearing it. I'm wearing converse all star chuck taylor high tops, connor skinny blue denim jeans and a cotton sorta stripy gray t shirt. My question is is it okay to wear a trench coat with jeans and a t shirt? If not what should I wear it with. Also, are trench coats creepy, I personally think they're pretty cool but I know in america (i live in melbourne, australia) they can sometimes be associated with criminals, flashers, school shooters etcthankshere's the link: http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/dawborn/media/Mobile%20Uploads/scam_20140720_170104-001_zpsc9c229c1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Trend Setter
    The best thing about trench coats is that they are practical items of clothing; designed for the military originally, form follows function and everything about them is there to make life easier and better in the rain. For that reason, you can wear them with just about anything - from suit and tie to scruffs. If you feel confident in it, I'm sure you can make it work.

As for their image, I always thought it was an old Mac that tended to associated with flashers. The problem with trench coats, I tend to think, is looking like a low rent Bogart impersonator.

Fashionisto
    I think it looks cool with the whole gungey look you've got going on. So long as you feel confident wearing it.

Style Icon
    It's a thumbs up from me too. You got a cool look going on there.

Just check out all the different styles here https://artofthetrench.burberry.com

anything goes pretty much

+ Reply to Thread