FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

New navy blazer- your opinions!

Hi guys,
    Currently looking for a new navy blazer, thing is I'm looking for the (ever difficult) balance between casual and formal. My plan is to be able to wear it for work with slim chinos, shirt, tie and brogues and yet be able to dress it down maybe with an oxford and indigo slim jeans for going for a drink etc.

At the moment I'm seriously leaning towards a deconstructed style as I like the idea of layering with chunky knits or maybe a quilted technical jacket. This would also add a more casual dimension and although work is smart casual, I think this would be too close to the latter and might look out of place in a decent restaurant!

The fabric of this blazer looks slightly more casual but its drape is more formal, which I think would work in both a casual and slightly more formal setting?

Your thoughts on this??

COTTON STRUCTURED BLAZER - Blazers - MEN - United Kingdom

Thanks chaps!

Trend Setter
    Very nice. I even like the piping at the top of the pockets, which is usually a no no for me. Sounds like you would get a lot of wear out of it - it's quite unique looking so changing up the way you wear it will be fun. Re wearing it to a nice restaurant, I've never been to a restaurant in my life that wouldn't allow someone in the door wearing, for example, the outfit on the model in the picture.

Post a look pic if you buy it

Trend Setter
    That's a really nice blazer.

Trend Setter
    Thanks guys, certainly considering it now!

Re restaurant, I would hope I could get into a nice restaurant with this haha. When I mentioned it in the first post I was thinking if I chose a deconstructed blazer instead of this massimo dutti one. Thanks for the input so far chaps!

Nat

Style Icon
    I like the texture of it a lot. Makes it easier to dress down.

Trend Setter
    Thanks, Nat exactly what I was thinking! Anyone else have
    any thoughts??

+ Reply to Thread