FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Anyone read Mens Fashion Magazine?

Just wondered if anyone reads Mens Fashion Magazine? It's available in newstand on iPads and iPhones and the equivalent device on Android.

Well worth a buy if you want something a bit more current than the likes of GQ.

Oh and I have an article in it this month and have also just been made Grooming Editor for the mag. Even more of a reason for you to have a look

Style Icon
    On occasion, maybe once every other month. Usually GQ or Esquire. But the content of the mags are usually quite predictable and samey.

Good for some inspiration, though most stuff in the pics are beyond my price range.

Style Icon
    Just had a brief look at the website. It looks fairly good. The articles are a bit on the short side though - they could definitely do with a bit more meat to them but I like the fact that there's a lot of street style based looks.

Definitely more relevant to me than most of the recent Fashion Beans articles.. there were about 20 articles in a row about friggin' suits and blazers - how to wear a linen blazer in the summer, how to wear a double breasted blazer in the summer, how to wear a summer power suit, how to wear a blazer on dress down Friday, the best patterned blazers to wear when taking a shit etc.

I actually got excited the other day when I saw an article entitled "Alternative High Summer Tops for Men" until I realised that the authors' definition of "alternative" was more along the lines of swapping a polo shirt for a HE by Mago henley, than anything to do with alternative fashion.

Style Icon
    Oh, hahaha. I didn't catch that you were actually asking about a mag called Mens Fashion Magazine (I blame being a tired parent of young children), and not fashion mags in general.

Will check it out.

Style Icon
    Congrats on the article! I haven't read it before, and don't tend to buy mens fashion magazines either these days, I find that I am just paying for a book full of adverts. I like looking at pictures for ideas though, and this site really helps me in that regard.

Trend Setter
    Yeah the mag actually has a lot more content and is quite different from the site.

The main focus of the company at the moment is the magazine and getting that out there more. Think it's about 2.99 from the App store so cheaper than GQ and the likes and a bit more real than those types of magazines I find.

+ Reply to Thread