FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Black Jeans with brown or tan boots...

Hi everyone.

I really like my slightly worn/distressed black jeans and I feel most comfortable in them out of anything in my wardrobe.

I'm in the market for a new pair of distressed chukka or ankle boots and want to know if you think that a brown or tan version of these would be ok with black jeans?

I'm thinking of the black jeans, black t-shirt look but then breaking it up with a brown or tan shoes/belt combination. What do you think? Black and brown too risky?..

Regards

Black and brown for casual wear is fine imo, especially if we are taking about washed black denim. It's only with formal wear that this doesn't work.

Grey boots could also be a good shout though if you wanted to rock monochromatic.

I agree with Ivan as black and brown does indeed go together in casual clothing - I would also say you might want to consider a pair of grey boots and I would recommend this pair of All Saints boots that come in either dark gray or brown
    Mens Snare Boot (Bitter Choc) | ALLSAINTS.com

Brilliant, many thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'm thinking of these chukka boots from H by Hudson: Men

Any good? I'd match them with a similar colour belt...

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
    Brilliant, many thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'm thinking of these chukka boots from H by Hudson: Men

They're nice boots - I like the washed suede look.

I've a couple of pairs of H by Hudson boots myself - one of them, perfect quality, well made, nice suede but the heels started to come away from other pair after a few weeks which was dissapointing. My cobbler fixed them for less than a fiver, which was great, but that doesn't excuse the shoddy heel fixing. I emailed their customer service about it & they never even responded.

Those chukkas look pretty much the same construction as the Chelseas I have, so they should be fine. The one thing I would advise though is to get the heels and toes tapped by a cobbler before you wear them - this stops them wearing down. Leather soles wear quickly at the toe especially if you drive a lot with them on. Get rubber taps fitted - the metal ones work really well but are really noisy. I had them on some shoes once and when I walked, I sounded like a cross between a tap dancer and a stripper.

Des

Trend Setter

Not really. From my experience anyway.
    You're better off going to River Island or similar. Its the same quality for a third of the "H by Hudson" price

All my experience with H by Hudson has been very good tbh

Owned a few pairs that have been damn near indestructible (barring new soles of course)

Thanks for all of your responses, I really appreciate your help.

I think I'm gonna give the H by Hudson's a go. I've had a couple of pairs of hudson before and have been happy with the quality. Also, and I'm not trying to be a snob here, I just think that they really seem to nail the look and visual finish a little better than some of the other cheaper (albeit no less quality) brands.

Style Icon
    Thanks for all of your responses, I really appreciate your help.

I think I'm gonna give the H by Hudson's a go. I've had a couple of pairs of hudson before and have been happy with the quality. Also, and I'm not trying to be a snob here, I just think that they really seem to nail the look and visual finish a little better than some of the other cheaper (albeit no less quality) brands.
    I don't think you're being a snob - they definitely look better than footwear from the likes of River Island and while Hudson may have some quality control issues, I know from experience that River Islands footwear is absolute shite across the board - cheap leathers, rubbish soles and bad fixings.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post

I've a couple of pairs of H by Hudson boots myself - one of them, perfect quality, well made, nice suede but the heels started to come away from other pair after a few weeks which was dissapointing.
    H by Hudson have nice designs and good uppper leather. Soles can be so so, but the heels are always a weak spot. Dunno why that is, bit I have had three pairs, and all have had heels that gave up a lot earlier than the rest. Shame as they're nice shoes.

+ Reply to Thread